Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having hopefully resolved, with your help, the issue of both core plugs disintegrating simultaneously may I be bold and ask another question?

In the very brief but thrilling few moments of riding my new Tornado before discharge, I experienced a (new to me) light pulsating? through the clutch lever when changing down, no problem, just a sort of feathering/ vibration.

Knowing that there were some clutch problems, and not knowing exactly what recalls have been made on my early Tre, I am thoughtful.

I had a slipper clutch on my last bike (Mille) but have no recollection of this `sensation.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? or is it my imagination?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
There's no need to worry, that's the slipper clutch kicking in.

It feels a bit weird at first but you soon learn to ignore it after a while. :) Surprised it didn't feel similar on the mille though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mille clutch

Thanks Laurence, I thought/ hoped it was.:)
No, nothing quite as profound on the Mille which I had for 2 years, maybe I just got used to it?

·
903 Posts
Posting restrictions!

:hiya: Somadoc, don't take any notice, you post as many questions as you like mate that is what this forum is all about.

They just don't want you to know anything about your bike so they can look good when they tell you any old buls**t!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
Hey mike, I think that you have given Somadoc a bit of a complex, I don't think he knows you were just kidding. :)

Post away Somadoc!!!! :clap:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Quota Revised

Lloyd, The bulls**t is always of excellent quality....! Somadoc keep those questions coming and we will all do our best to answer them....as I said before enjoy your new steed. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back on the pitch!!

How very kind.

I do have one little questionette as it happens.

Whilst changing the tyres on Saturday it was noticed that a fork seal had gone! bugger!!!

Do any of you wise men know how much oil each fork leg takes by any chance?

I hope to ride the bloody thing one day and wax lyrical about it rather than find out about and fix it!

In the meantime, I remain your ever so humble Somadoc.:D

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
Hi Somadoc,.......welcome back!!!!:)

Workshop manual states 480cc

·
903 Posts
Fork seal aready!

Somadoc, congratulations you are the first person I know to have a different problem to normal!:rolling:

How many miles has you Nelli done? Also if you are the second owner did the previous one wheely etc as this would knock the head races out and burst a fork seal eventually. See if you can detect any movement when rocking the bike via the forks (get a mate to help I don't want you dropping her and blaming me!:doh::rolling:

Re the quantities: each fork leg takes 480cc of SAE 7.5 weight oil.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Many thanks

Thank you Laurence.
Thank you Lloyd.

The bike has done 3100 miles and was bought from Red Dog 600 miles ago by the previous owner who sadly neglected it.

28 miles in my ownership and the core plugs, fork seal, lower fairings, tyres, pillion seat cover all replaced. I want to ride it!!!!:rolling:

Robin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts