Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all can anyone shed any light on these problems that accrued today.Rode to Mallory park today had a great time and when it was time to go trouble started.
Put keys in ignition and the battery was dead great ,this is my third new battery thats gone this way ,no the park lights were not left on ,there are no loose connections .We had to jump start from a car as a porter pack would not jump start the nelli .The problems then continued on the way home after 20 miles or so i was doing some fast riding and the temp guage started to rise it has never rose to these higher level before ( yes waters fine and there were no leeks ) .Next up after backing off for five miles to drop the temp the red light in the rev counter is flashing regularly at this point sitting at 6000 rpm in 6th on motor way i dont have a clue .I was now thinking wtf so i drilled it for a few miles and it was running great then the speedo readings became very ott eg i`m doing 60 its in the 80`s why ? then while drilling the bike it looses power as if a a plug has stopped firing so i backed off and the bike sounded bad then after a mile or so it just cleared and ran great (is this the start of the coil sticks going bad ) however there is some new strange noises the bike is now making at the top end 2 to 3 000 rpm light metalic noise and when the fans cut in they sound like there going to rattle to pieces (the fans have allways sounded really quiet and smooth)until today.There was various times on the way home the dash was showing various light shows and the speed display would fade in and out.The trek was still running ok and then it started to crunch going down the gear box at this point i pulled over and looked it over ,what i found was all of a sudden i now have excessive free cable at the clutch so to aid the rest of the journey i adjusted it up but now the adjuster at the bar end is nearly maxed out hows this just happened,(clutch was fine for the rest of the trip).Finally home and i plug in the optimate it shows the battery 75% charged HHMMM its allways showed full when plugged in after 100 mile trips WHATS going on this is doing my head in .this lot has put a bad taste in my mouth so i will be giving the dealer a shout but i would like to hear your opinions please lads cheers:( :( :bawl:

·
Registered
68 Posts
it italian

i just got sick of these little but lots of faults like this as when i told kjm they told me it was the way the benellis are and that you have to be paitant and willing to have these faults

no way and never again

mat

·
Registered
290 Posts
Have you had the nut washers replaced in the alternator recall repair should have been carried out at 1st service.

I would say your alt is B*******d. If the nuts come loose it makes the engine sound like its coming apart at the seems rattles like a Ducati clutch, also loss of power and misfire.

All lights on dash start flashing

Look back at the archives mine needed that alt Starter motor ad oil pump.
all cos of the alt :bawl:

Oh and I am still waiting for the speed and the black bits to be replaced:mad:

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
As per the clutch cable it might be frayed and about to break. Ckeck the cable carefully at the lever end before the adjuster.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx for your help again lads ,i rode to mallory again yesterday in the rain with a fully charged battery when we came to leave still raining like a monsoon the bike only just turned over , i did take some jump leads with me just in case.
My trek was checked at its 1st service and has apparently had all the mods done i did have a new starter motor fitted at the same time though because they moto gb insisted that this was the cause of the slow start problem that i had .The dash lights did behave themselves on this ride but she sounds like a bag off nails the guy with the MV (who had a dead batttery to )was shocked how loud the motor is .The new noises are audible above all the rain yesterday,however the motor was still running well .I will be chatting to moto gb today firstly to chase up the fact that they did not call me to confirm that the parts they had in were for my existing claim and that the parts were going to my dealer and then to add this lot to my list of worries .I love this bike well nelli`s in general but i would like to ride it and at least know it will start every time we had 4 guys try to bump start me no chance,i will let you know how i get on cheers again lads

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As per the clutch cable it might be frayed and about to break. Ckeck the cable carefully at the lever end before the adjuster.
the cable is ok paul so i dont know i will get it checked out when it goes in ,i`m getting bad vibes about this bike at the moment .On a separate note paul do you know the website address for tune boy uk as i was just getting ready to get one and get it installed and dyno`d thanx

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right here goes my parts for the original claim should be at the dealer anyday now.the dealer will inspect the bike while there for the new faults and do as required so lets wait and see.

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
You'll be lucky if the parts are there I've had a claim in for the peeling subframe since march and the parts still haven't landed:( :mad: :mad:

Now I've the problem that it's now out of warranty oh no

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just had a call steve that all my parts are in mirrors sub frames and rear peg hangers and will be called Wednesday to arrange fittement ,the bad news is that if parts are needed to fix my new problems then i will have to wait as benelli will be shutting down for august sos to hear yours are not in yet .

·
Registered
3 Posts
No Problems!

I read with horror all the problems you have been having with yer nelli!
I bought my Trek from KJM 18 months ago, and have done over 12,000 miles and havent had one reliability problem! I havent been back to KJM for any servicing. Instead went to Bennets in Barnsley for a 1st service last summer-they are real nelli fans and experts - loadsa passion and expertise - really helpful!! Hope you get yout electrics sorted - and that mine stay sweet.
Love the bike - goes like the wind and as sweet as a nut!:clap:

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
People keep moaning about it but mine seems OK, certainly better than the Beemer or Triumphs I had before :) . The thing that annoys me is the transmission complaining if you try to wind it gently on 2 up and the revs have dropped a bit too far. Dead easy to do touring round twisty roads 2 up with luggage. Shakes like hell at about 3K if you try to gently accelerate out of a bend. Learnt to ride round it but still annoying.

Ash

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey all my dealer is not going to fix the trek its going to moto gb or should i say the benelli guru himself RUSTY RUSS i had a good chat with him today so i know its in good hands .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts