Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bloody typical call them today say want panniers top box and rack .
guess the reply . NO STOCK

er isnt it the summer isnt it the time people buy this shit to travel

bloody recesssion people to affraid to stock incase dont sell or have to out lay cash before return .

no fukin coils either ,i have more than theyve ever had in stock . no wunder benelli in a fukin mess
Hats off to our service engineers with the back up of parts supply think i would just go fukin crazy ,
think as you can see im stressed with moto gb all i wanted to do was spend money and cant ah back to blue tack and tesco bags on the handlebars and a 2k ride again .

someone tell moto gb to open there wallet and stock the fukin stores .

end of rant

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
I gather your'e a bit uptight then.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Not wanting to be unsympathetic Richard, but there are people out there who have been waiting for parts to fix their bikes for months.. if not being able to get hold of luggage exactly when you want one is the only thing you ever need to get upset about whilst dealing with Benelli I would be pretty pleased :D Still, I'm sure Motogb will go out of their way to help you out now you have slagged them off on here ;)

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Moto GB

Must agree about Moto GB, especially when we have them basically telling the presss that spares and accessories aren't an issue. Seems to me Benelli would do much much better if they got an importer sorted who knew and/or cared about the bikes. For all the stuff on the website it took 4 months to arrange a test ride. I've had a tank cover for the TREK on order since february. My new bike turned up with a bent radiator bracket and a cracked bellypan. Not really acceptable for a new one. Unfortuantely, I'd taken it for a long spin before I spotted the damage or they'd have been shipping it back. They still haven't decided what they're going to do. A solicitors letter may be on the way soon. Whislt I'm ranting, I did manage to get the bike with luggage. Nobody can tell me though, why there was a screwed up sheet of plastic in the top box with TRE-K NEC written on it in markler pen. new luggage? Hmm. Suspicious! They're selling a lot of Tornados ATM and there's going to be a lot of p***ed off people if they don't get their act together sharpish.

Rant (2) Over!

Ash:mad:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
yes i agree something needs to be sorted there end they dont even send you an email to say there dealing with your claim at the moment or that they have all your info from the dealer .good luck

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I know they read the forum, so perhaps someone from Motogb would like to comment?

Col

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not a case of being pretty pleased if only luggage wanting !!

its a point that these are main importers and if they want to supply a prestige bikes as we believe they are you cant do this on a shoestring budget .
it is a pure case of supply and demand ,the demand is there . for parts and acessories .

now you can also understand why i buy up loads of benny bits and store so i dont need to trouble the poor little buggers up north .and can keep my machine running with no probs ,but having said that only ever used 2 coils and 1 relay in 4 bikes total.

my heart goes out to those waiting x ammount of months for spares etc but that dosent mean i should be pleased its only luggage out of stock .

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I actually agree with Richard that its not an unknown thing that at sometime were going to want accessories and that includes luggage for a bike designed to accept and tour on , maybe instead of coming back with a " no its not in stock " they should then leave it in the hands of someone to source the customers requirements and then as a polite thing ring and acknowledge availability even if it means looking outside the country.

Big Al i believe your going to slide down a pole on opening night , then a lady from montinegro then one from ghana :rolling:

Maybe seeing you at the end of the night in Jr's lifebuddy outfit may empty it sharp :D "oh the baby work it work it oh the baby "

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
not a case of being pretty pleased if only luggage wanting !!

its a point that these are main importers and if they want to supply a prestige bikes as we believe they are you cant do this on a shoestring budget .
it is a pure case of supply and demand ,the demand is there . for parts and acessories .

now you can also understand why i buy up loads of benny bits and store so i dont need to trouble the poor little buggers up north .and can keep my machine running with no probs ,but having said that only ever used 2 coils and 1 relay in 4 bikes total.

my heart goes out to those waiting x ammount of months for spares etc but that dosent mean i should be pleased its only luggage out of stock .
You hit the nail on the head though - supply and demand... lets face it these are still niche bikes.. I dont know how many TreK sold in the UK but would be amazed if its much more than 100. I agree with everything said about parts hence my original point - I am also stashing parts for the same reason. When it comes to accessories though, if I were the importer I would not want money tied up in a huge stock which might be sitting around for years or worse still end up stuck with them if Benelli go tits up again. If you are running on bare minimum you only need a couple of orders to come in at the same time and you are out of stock. We don't know the whole story which is why I think Motogb deserve a chance to reply before we all gang up on them.

That said, if you offer them free tickets to your titty bar you might find they suddenly "discover" some stock ;)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
borat your obviously awaiting parts from them .keep them on your good side lol

ok i am so so sorry for spitting the dummy mr moto gb i apologise for asking for something that is not a popular item and will duly sit back and wait untill you have saved up and think you should ordersome for stock .and have got the more important bits others are waiting for .

thankgod for bags for life ,and trek wide bars to hold them .

on another note then what about our other european /asian/australian /usa importer/dealers do you you carry stock?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I have all the parts I need in my garage fortunately.. There will come a time when MotoGB will come to me for parts :rolling:
Actually just remembered I am waiting for clocks so yes MotoGB I love you me first me first lol

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Moto GB

Personally I'm sick to death of them. Already. If the bike wasn't so good they'd be in court by now. All they ever do is pass you onto the dealers who invariably go back to them. They hadn't even ordered my tank cover last week despite having known about it for 4 months and been asked about it several times. And please don't deny it. I heard the phone calls. That's just incompetence. So Moto GB? Most people won't buy Benellis and MVs because they think the backup will be sh**e. And you know what, despite assurances that its been sorted out, it hasn't, so they're all right! And you will therefore continue to sell bog all bikes (except massively discounted 900 Tres) so Benelli will continmue to make bog all money. It may only be a tank cover but it's the principle. I was lied to to get the sale and I'm now hate asking the poor old parts man for anything!:mad:

·
Registered
864 Posts
It does appear to be a sad state of affairs. The dealer that I bought my bike from has got to be one of the best customer focussed dealerships I have experienced in nearly 20 yrs of motorcycling which is very refreshing. Unfortunately they also seem to be getting the run around from the importers.. warranty claims on numerous bikes over a year old still unpaid.. the poor dealer is having to fund these and many more to keep their customers happy. No wonder dealers are going bust. It does seem to be a sad affair that the dealerships are not getting the support they need and in most cases deserve.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Pretty damning stuff. I take it all back! That kind of stuff is inexcusable. There is nothing I hate more than being lied to.. its sadly so common in this industry that I can honestly say I can count on 2 fingers the dealers I have dealt with that I would say I had complete trust in.

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
It does appear to be a sad state of affairs. The dealer that I bought my bike from has got to be one of the best customer focussed dealerships I have experienced in nearly 20 yrs of motorcycling which is very refreshing. Unfortunately they also seem to be getting the run around from the importers.. warranty claims on numerous bikes over a year old still unpaid.. the poor dealer is having to fund these and many more to keep their customers happy. No wonder dealers are going bust. It does seem to be a sad affair that the dealerships are not getting the support they need and in most cases deserve.
Neils' comments reflect the experience of my (trusted) dealer exactly. He got no back up from the importer and subsequently felt he could no longer sell the bikes if it meant his customers would be let down. I wonder if my green panels will ever appear .. certainly too late for me now.

I did call the importer on a couple of occasions and although the conversations were cordial they would not confirm anything in writing .. or by email. Was this because they did not wish to be formally time bound or were they merely unprofessional? I wonder ..... .

I would love another Benelli but I would not buy another new one while these people are still the importers. They have no concept of customer care either for their dealers or the end user. Organisations with this attitude towards their customers neither deserve to be in business or are likely to be so for very long.

I look forward to the emergence a competent professional importer for this historic and emotive marque .. when this happens I will buy another.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i called my dealer yesterday he`s heard nothing and believes the importers will do nothing about my claim ,if you had could here the tone of his voice it contained a vote of no confidence at all ,i also found out that this dealer also may well be dumping the brand as well because at the end of the day the dealer is front line even if its not there fault its a shame but thats the way it is .

·
Registered
73 Posts
And now for the good news !

Dropped it on Sunday, ordered on Monday through Bennetts (Dave).

Clutch lever assembly,
Complete mirror,
Bar end,
Plastic fairing nails

and a couple of other wee things,

Front and rear brake reservoirs .....

Everything except the plastic fairing nails popped through the door this morning direct from MotoGB. And ...... with a healthy 30% discount that I never asked for or expected .... so cheers for that.

Maybe every cloud does have a silver and green lining!

:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Maybe I'm being silly but is it worth contacting Benelli and or Qian Jiang Group. May help to speak Italian and Chinese, I do believe Ferret has alluded to this before.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts