Benelli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhh finally someone asked...Okay, so there I was..

I had flown an American flag for Colin Edwards on 34 combat missions while I was in the desert. So I take a chance and go up on Friday to give it to him. I do and I end up with full premium passes to the paddock area and have breakfast and lunches in the team hospitality setup with Colin and Valentino. No shit. I spent an hour in their garage with Davide Brivio, the manager talking about bikes and our first ones and what we ride now and endless other stuff. Was an amazing day on Friday. Met Makoto Tamada, Hayden and Stoner. A few others to include Britains own Bradley Smith. Was a crackin time!!!!

·
903 Posts
:hiya: Johny, great to have back safe 'n' sound! I could not hear all of your phone number on the message you left me, I texted a message to you via Andy, did he pass on my message?

How did you manage to blag your way past the Gestapo security? I have tried many times when I marshalled GP's at Donnington but never managed to get through. I had better luck when the GP's where at Silverstone as I got to meet and talk to Barry Sheen, Eddie Lawson, Kevin Scwanzt, Kenny Roberts, Wayne Rainey and all. Ah those where the days, many stories to tell there! Sounds like you had the better deal of the Benelli's owners GP weekend.:clap:

Have you got any pictures to host on the forum?

Give me a call when you can.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Lloyd, unfortunately after 4 days of not being able to re-charge batteries, my back up also failed shortly after I made contact on Sunday - alas the message was unable to be passed. Mind you I didn't get to see Kurt on the Sunday, so I was unsure how I would have got to pass the message on!

Andy

·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guards

The guards were actually very nice. When I said that I was delivering a flag for Colin they walked me right to his trailer. They even parked me right at the paddocks so I wouldn't have far to walk in the rain. It was awesome.

·
903 Posts
Jealous, me not one bit!! Ok just a little bit!

Glad you had a good time Johny, you probably will need to tell Al, Andy, Kurt and all about the weekend as they probably don't remember a thing!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts