·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
5,928 Posts
I hope you're getting commission then !
Yeah, right :rolling:

Have you taken delivery yet or are you still waiting for it ?
Angus is taking a ride down to see Lee this weekend, to test fit it, and get the mounting points set up. Hopefully he'll pass comment on it next week. Lee will send it Down-Under once it's done. I'm looking forward to fitting / seeing / hearing it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Errol.

I see that he is charging another £50 on top of the £275 if the 'power valve' is required. Are you having the valve? I thought that when they were originally advertised at £175, it was included. Maybe they are getting popular. Leo Vince are now making a very similar one, for specific bikes - (not Benellis) - road legal, according to MCN today. They'll be as common as muck soon :rolling: . I do think they look the dogs, but would like to see the effect they have on performance, before sticking my hand in my pocket, tempted though I am :D

Cheers

Ian

·
5,928 Posts
I see that he is charging another £50 on top of the £275 if the 'power valve' is required. Are you having the valve?
That was the main reason for getting it made. The size and shape (& hopefully the sound) were secondary, although a welcome addition.
I thought that when they were originally advertised at £175, it was included.
So did I :doh:
Mind you, my design is a good deal more complicated than his original offering. It's gone from 2 welded joints to 5, and the inside of the final curve would be a bugger as there's not much material to work with. So I can understand Lee hiking the price.
... but would like to see the effect they have on performance, before sticking my hand in my pocket, tempted though I am
I'll keep you posted

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I tried getting hold of lee to go down today to stone seeing as weather was good but couldnt get him on his mobile(dont have an address) I'm hoping i can finish work really early monday and go down then. I dont mind giving up the time if he gets to take some measurements etc. i have left a message on his mobile to arrange monday afternoon/evening - now i know how kurt felt as a guinea pig with russ's baby the remus.:)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
The guy who's fabricating the exhaust is on a course all week and cannot accomadate me calling during the week so its going to be saturday or sunday and its getting bad weather the more this goes on. I will go down on saturday and lets hope finally he gets to measure / check whats required. i'll keep you updated.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Errols Exhaust Fitted And Tried !!!!!!!

Went today to see the chaps (EXtreme )who have been asked to manufacture this exhaust for errol and have a fitment check done on my RS. Weather conditions - Read Wintry !!! Cold !!! Snow Showers :( - But then I'm a northerner so its ok i'm used to it ;) . My Titanium can was removed and the fabricated exhaust was offered up to errols specifications and needed just slight modification on angle and flange (bet thats woke the rainmac brigade). Looks were fantastic of the finished article and the can only needed a small accompanying bracket that attached to the mounting bolt of the riders footrest on the front footrest hanger . standard spring at the front was retained and this method gave the option for removal of rear hanger / pillion footrest holder. Overall i was very impressed with "MotoGP" style look of the finished article :) and the finish was either stainless polished or satin effect with the former going gold in colour when a sustained heat has been passed through the silencer. The Powercone fitted in Errols silencer made a tinkling sound but i believe with time fitted this does go but i didnt mind it . Now to the Noise ...... BLOODY GORGEOUS it was loud but not too obtrusive with the Decibel killer Fitted and without this it was outstanding and the shreek revving to say 7,000 rpm was amazing. I suppose if a track day was to be done the option of with or without the decibel killer would be good dependant on noise decibel limits at various circuits. I enjoyed my time and would like to thank both lee and his collegue for their hard work and commitment to achieve such a product.:clap: :clap: .I have uploaded photos on my gallery site and will put a picture on here as soon as i've reduced the size.To Errol -Enjoy your new polished piece of Artwork.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Well Rob I had the Camera Settings not on superfine quality on picture quality (I do have superfine quality Riding Skills though and dont crash my Benelli even in poor weather :rolling: :rolling: -sorry couldnt resist that). You had to be there to hear the noise it was Awesome even with the decibel Killer fitted and thought my ears were going to pop in such a enclosed area when the DBK was removed.Noise level readings were Taken off with or without DBK so as to keep within Track Day Limits . This item would look good on a standard Tornado where the Bright Alloy Finished Swingarm would compliment the Polished Can but i was informed the metal will colourise to a gold finish with use and i did like its overall style - its a hard choice more so with the Remus from our Guru Russ and suppose theirs enough of us out here for both Silencers (Well Done to Both Russ and Extreme for giving us a pair of cracking Silencers:clap: .

1 - 20 of 72 Posts