Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone!

My name is Tommaso and I live in Japan. I have been looking for some slip on exhaust for my Tornado Tre (2004) for the past 6 months but I have been unable to find any.

I am looking for a slip on for my 2004 Tornado Tre. I am interested ONLY in sound and not power. Where I live there are no sound regulations so no limits either. I am looking only for MotoGP look alike pipes and nothing else.

Can anyone, please, help me to find such a slip on? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for your time.

Tommaso

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Have a look at angledangles site Here

He had this motogp style exhaust made in the UK. PM him and he will give you the details

Paul

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
There is also the Remus Powercone (from a R6) that fits the Tornado - courtesy of Rusty Russ (Bennetts) including the mounting bracket and remap of the fuelling (if needed)

Pic HERE of the can on my bike

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
That GP can on Angus's bike is the loudest thing on wheels with the baffle out, if that is what you are after :)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hi Tommaso.

Have a look in in my gallery as well, in the 'MotoGP Xtreme Can' folder,for more pics of the can like Angus's. You will find my gallery under 'newest member album photo's', as I've just added some more. It most definitely is the LOUDEST can EVER:rolling:

Cheers:D
Ian

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Just A Point Mine Has The Baffle IN And I Wouldnt Unleash It Without As Poor Children Would Shake :d

I'm More than happy to sell this exhaust to you as i'm just about to have another done by the people who made mine as a favour pm me and we could discuss :)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Thats with the baffle in (i have only tried it once without - and its a little viscous sounding !!!) :p

·
Registered
256 Posts
Tell me about it....I need to get hold of a baffle i think:ele: :ele: :ele: who said that:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help: greatly apreciated!

I have a technical question: what mechanical risks are there if I use a slipon muffler not optimized for my engine or, worse, if I leave the exhaust manifold completely open?

Is it difficult to remap the CPU to adapt the elecronic engine management to a slipon designed for, say, the Yamaha R1 and not my bike? Is it at all possible? What problems can I encounter?

Thanks,

Tommaso

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
My RS used to have the Sport can on and was mapped for that can so when i fitted the Extreme can my bike ran richer and used a tad more fuel. since having had the axome management system put on it at Silverstone its running better and i'm doing more miles to the gallon :) . the powervalve on the extreme can allows the gases to flow out better but operates at a higher rev range . using my exhaust would see no mechanical risk - just you'd be enjoying the sound from the exhaust :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tommaso

Hi,

Sorry for asking, but I am pretty ignorant about engine management and pipes. Could I call you? By phone it would be easier to clarify a few points and you could explain to me a few things which I don't understand.

Tommaso

·
Registered
256 Posts
All engines require back pressure to facilitate the flows across the engine. Engine mappings take account of the back pressure and regulate ignition timing and fueling to maximise efficiency i.e. burn. Obviously a completely open manifold is going to be worlds apart from whatever mapping is on at present. With the Remus mine actually runs smoother across the whole rev range, with better drive, but it does run a bit rich as indicated by the soot around the exhaust opening. Running too rich or too lean for significant periods of time will have a detrimental effect on the engine, and those effects can range from damaging pistons to excessive carbon build on the valves. The beauty of modern ecu managed engines is that a new map upload is very easy to achieve compared to re jetting and balancing carbs, and in general there will be a map for whatever exhaust you end up getting.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cpu Ecu

Thanks! It certainly did help clarifying a few things! I appreciate the time! Does this mean that if I find a slipon which I like I can buy it without worrying too much about electronic engine management as I will be easily able to remap my CPU? How will I do that?
Again, thanks for the techincal support. it's very helpful.
Tommaso

·
5,928 Posts
... Running too rich or too lean for significant periods of time will have a detrimental effect on the engine, and those effects can range from damaging pistons to excessive carbon build on the valves....
Can confirm that! Mine had been running excessively rich up until I changed to the Extreme pipe & AFR Tuner. Carbon had built up in the valve seats, causing them to leak & accentuate the problem. Once the engine was running leaner, the carbon burnt off, leaving big gaps, & even lower cylinder pressure! She ran like crap.
The head had to come off, and the valves ground. While apart, I replaced the rings & valve guides.
Now, at 65 odd thousand kms, she's never been better.

So a word to the wise. If your engine is running excessively rich ..... get it sorted, or it'll cost you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts