Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard anything about Benelli entering the 2008 motoGP yet?

It was nice to see a Ducati winning the MotoGP. Brill team work from Casey Stoner, Ducati Corse & Bridgestone. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think Illmor have shown thats its not as easy as just turning up and fighting for places, no matter how much engineering knowledge you have.

Team Roberts also have years of knowledge, yet cannot make a go of it this year as they are stuck with honda engines from the start of the season.

Unless you have a pit of money to chuck at it to redesign every part on the bike many times a seasons, and the people to make that money count, you are going to struggle.

Ducati corsa had been racing in top flight for a long time before they came to the party, and they had a technological advantage to fall back on. A technology they knew well.

I recon they should go Superbike racing if anywhere (once the 1200 rules have setled down).

·
3,085 Posts
same

race develop them in WSB, moto gp is killer exxy and unless your gonna be competitive and have a mega sponsor, ie like Marlboro, your better off honing your product through increased R&D, and post purchase back up, Which Benelli seemed to be really standing behind its product now. I'm expecting something really flash from Benelli in the next 12 months
new superbike.
Due
BX Mx'rs, enduro and motard
600cc supersports bike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts