Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched MotoGP qualifying session fo rteh new BMW car. Stoner again by 1.5 seconds. That kid is fast! I know the Duc is responsible for some of it but damn he is good. That combo of bike and rider is gonna be tough to beat. I hate to admit it because I am a Rossi fan but Stoner will fiinish number 1 again this year. Gonna be some good racing!

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Jt

Just watched MotoGP qualifying session fo rteh new BMW car. Stoner again by 1.5 seconds. That kid is fast! I know the Duc is responsible for some of it but damn he is good. That combo of bike and rider is gonna be tough to beat. I hate to admit it because I am a Rossi fan but Stoner will fiinish number 1 again this year. Gonna be some good racing!
Cracking season on the cards mate-- Keep you eye out for James Toseland, i think he will get a podiam this year, He aint Barry Sheene but he is the nearest we have. GOOD LUCK JT & GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!;)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Cracking season on the cards mate-- Keep you eye out for James Toseland, i think he will get a podiam this year, He aint Barry Sheene but he is the nearest we have. GOOD LUCK JT & GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!;)
Reports were that JT was running consistant 3rd yesterday on qualifiers and race tyres. Certainly does bode well. Fingers X'd

·
Member - Avatar by MDIB
199 Posts
All us Aussies have new BMW's cause we all ride like Casey, World Champ, oh and did I mention World Champs in Cricket as well. You guys in Old Blighty know what i mean but I suspect the boys from the U.S of A had best google it.

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Defn

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Gryllidae

The common black cricket, Gryllus assimilis
Scientific classification
Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Arthropoda

Class: Insecta

Order: Orthoptera

Suborder: Ensifera

Superfamily: Grylloidea

Family: Gryllidae
Bolívar, 1878

Subfamilies
See Taxonomy section

Crickets, family Gryllidae (also known as "true crickets"), are insects somewhat related to grasshoppers and more closely related to katydids or bush crickets (family Tettigoniidae). They have somewhat flattened bodies and long antennae. There are about 900 species of crickets. They tend to be nocturnal and are often confused with grasshoppers because they have a similar body structure including jumping hind legs.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Reports were that JT was running consistant 3rd yesterday on qualifiers and race tyres. Certainly does bode well. Fingers X'd
I have met JT a few times - and as he also likes Benelli's (see my avatar :D ) then he will be the one I am cheering on as well as Rossi :clap:

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
I have been a Rossi fan since 250 days. But I have also a soft spot for the Italian bikes as they were always the underdog. So when Casey came along (I liked him on the 250) I was rooting for him as well. I have also been a big fan of Caporrossi and Barros.
SB I root for Haga but was pleased that JT won the Title. Good riders like them always deserve the ultimate win and support from their fans. I wish Haga would catch a break.
Who are the Rugby world cup holders :bow:
Is it not strange that for small population Countries like Aussie NewZealand and South Africa that they produce some of the best sportsman. Balington Ekorold, Redman (technically Rhodesian) Peterson
Even the golfers.
Australia there is a whole list of them.
What do these guys all have in common. (Beer, Barbie, Brawn and sunshine)
Paul

·
3,085 Posts
gp

I'm expecting big things from Suzuki this year, and i think the Kawasaki will be a surprise package. I might actually get to go to the gp in Phillip Island this year !

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Anyone read of the proposals for MotoGP rule changes, such as single tyre series with Bridgestone!
I would personally like to see a reduction in the electronics e.g. traction control / launch control. Would make it more of a riders championship - we do not want to be going down the F1 road.

Bob

·
5,934 Posts
I would personally like to see a reduction in the electronics e.g. traction control / launch control. Would make it more of a riders championship - we do not want to be going down the F1 road. - Bob
:soapbox:
I think that that's what WSB is more about - a riders championship.

MGP should be the pinnacle of what's possible - a-la F1. Traction control came from MGP, and is now in production bikes. One less thing to worry about in tricky conditions, I guess.

I agree though. F1 has become boring. Primarily due to downforce, I think. They just can't travel behind each other, at speed, due to aerodynamics being upset. Which is why MGP won't become boring - aerodynamics can not be controlled to the same degree.

·
3,085 Posts
Hiya errol

Love to ride, but "apparently " the indian pacific railway doesnt allow bikes on the train anymore !! and i dont think my arse could hack the nullabor plain!

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Indian Pacific

Love to ride, but "apparently " the indian pacific railway doesnt allow bikes on the train anymore !! and i dont think my arse could hack the nullabor plain!
Nath'

Can we put the bike in the back of a van and the van on the train?:rolling:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
:soapbox:
I think that that's what WSB is more about - a riders championship.

MGP should be the pinnacle of what's possible - a-la F1. Traction control came from MGP, and is now in production bikes.
Exactly, spot-on, just what I think. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
If its a riders championship then surely we need crossplies and flexible frames. You know really rubbish bikes that are hard to handle. Alternatively just go watch speedway/grasstrack instead.

For me Traction Control, Active Suspension, Dynamic stearing angle, bring it on.

Casey stoner v Milandri (and even Capirossi) has proven that it is not just traction control that maketh the quick times.

There is still a guy onboard determining when to hit the brakes, how hard, and how far to lean, where to move his wait, when to get off the brakes. How to react to a bump. The only difference is how close to the limit you can get and for how long.

Always forward.

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Bike Week

Any Benelli owners coming to Bike week in Daytona??
Would love to come out for bike week mate, seen vids of it & it looks the dog bollo**s(english slang: means, very good!!!) all that sunshine, motorbikes & birds with silicone......my type of holiday... dont think the wife would have it though. enjoy yourself on behalf of all your english mates:D ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts