Benelli Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but i though i better share with you all about the latest EU legislation for next year & wot it will mean for our bike paint colours. Next year the legislation will mean that the solvent basecoat currently used will be illegal & repairers will have to use waterbase basecoat. The problem with this is that it dosn't work the same way as solvent & you cannot get the same affects like 3 stage colours or coloured dyes which make our colours nice & bright, I currently supply many motorbike repair shops & car repair bodyshops in the trade, and this will mean that many bikes will only be repaired by buying painted panels, hiking the costs of repairs considerably. Only at most 70% of existing colours will be able to be formulated in waterbase paint, so if you drop your pride & joy next year, you might have to get all the colour repainted in something as close as, also hiking the cost of repair up.. I have got some solvent made from my company already as a back up, PPG make the green & silver on the tre, you can purchase some through MORELLI GROUP who i work for if anybody needs some.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Every motorcycle manufacturer that I know of sells body parts pre-painted so I would think this is not a problem for us. Now car parts are sold unpainted and the repair shop must do this. I think this is a terrible idea as extremely hard to get the color right and any savings in parts costs you lose in labor to do the painting. I wish car factories provided pre-painted parts. Then I could do repairs myself (like I do for my bikes).

I assume that the factories will have special precautions for collecting these chemicals so they can continue to use the solvent-based paints?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts