Benelli Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Always a looker and rarely a poster !

I went out for a ride on Sunday across the fens to Taz motorcycles and on the way back got what looked like a 6at fault code on the display with the flashing red light. I ignored it at my peril (as you do) and it went away.

Does anyone have a list of fault codes?

Btw - dialled in the recommended front suspension settings from this site and the tyre felt as it it was attached to the road for the first time ever and turning the bike became alot quicker - much more stable in the corners. Did the mini TT B645 and bounced my way across some straight fen roads and had a lovely time going round the magic roundabout in Peterboghorror....

Anyone live around Northampton?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes, Ampthill in Bedfordshire.

... Funny, thats two benelli's that did that road over the weekend then.

All the Fault codes in my Tre's workshop manual are a "P" followed by a 3 or 4 digit code. I cant find the word 6AT anywhere in the manual, and dont really know what P-Code this would match. I think that all error codes get logged by the ECU, so get TAZ to plug in their Nokia Phone and check what it is was.

Aarron

PS I Managed to shred my rear tyre on the 645. Wierd though as it went through the top layer in the middle without going through the wear limit humps on the tread on either side even though its not over inflated (dunlop 208RR) .

I also managed to break the ball joint at the bottom of the rear shock, so the tyre probably wasnt being treated that well, it was probably spinning up a bit more than normal.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Suspension Settings

Can you point me to where the recommended suspension settings have been posted??

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Hi all

Anyone live around Northampton?
Hi I am in solihull but am from N'pton originally so have friends round there. If ever you fancy a half way meet or doing the "road of bones" to mkt harborough or round that way let me know!

Cheers

Col

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL all !

Settings I dialled in were wind in preload all the way down to full hard, rebound out to full soft and compression all the way in and then 1/4 turn back out. Rear - as per manual with spring preload at 10mm unladen.

Rusty - could have been but my vision was suffering from "fen blurryness" brought on by consistent and repetitive bouncing along undulating straight roads ! What's bat?

Solihull is a snip away. Sometimes I go to the Waterman but usually I have Weds evening free and the weekends.

Taz this Sunday?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I think Russ meant Bat - as in battery

Prob low voltage causing the problem?
Not sure tho - I aint no mechanic, thats why I take my Tre to Russ :D :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The bikes always on a trickle charger when in the garage and this fault code occurred mid ride.

Time for a service me thinks? Or maybe it's the dreaded clocks !

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've had one flashing bat! before check all the battery leads Pos & Neg, you may find one a touch loose!;)

Beware of the following fault codes;;
cat; this means you have run over a pussy and it is jammed up the radiator and your bike is going to overheat:doh:

rat; this is when a rodent has taken up residence in your air box, this also causes overheating:doh:

mat; this one is the reminder that you need as you will need one to sit on if the other 2 have taken affect, this one does not cause overheating it's just a bas*ard to carry:D :D

:D :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Morning Bluesky

I have also had the BAT and red light flashing issue on my 03 Tre.
The (2) occasions when this has happened have been in traffic jams or slow moving traffic. The temp guage will be showing 95, at which point the fans will be running. TURN OFF THE LIGHTS!!! as having the lights and fans running for an amount of time will trigger the low voltage warning. Easy fix!
PS. Do not take much notice of the temperature guage because it is not trustworthy, and will sometimes read right off the dial. The guage is there purely as a source of amusement, second only to the ' random number selector' button located on the left hand handlebar cluster.
While on the subject of electronic demonology, don't lose any sleep over the tripometer resetting or trying to get the lap timer thing to work.....or the clock.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If the clocks on the Benelli are dumb like on a Ducati then the ECU just tells the clocks what to display via the CAN line. If the ECU is sensing low volts then there must be a problem ....

... as the alleged 400W generator should have more than enough gumph.

However in traffic you probably are relying on the battery as the generator isnt up to speed.

Anyway, it kept running, so no worries.

:beat:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Funny.

When I flicked the lights on and off it disappeared !

Moral: Look at clocks, disregard and hope it doesn't go pop !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Newbi

Hi Guys,
just bought my first Tornado looking for service help who is Russ, I live near Buckingham.
Cheers John.:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Johno

Rusty Russ is Russ Bennett of Bennetts' Motorcycles. All round good egg and knowledgable/helpful chap. Give him a ring on 01226284293.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts