Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent the whole winter stripping and polishing the alloy parts of my TRE, getting them to look like chrome (wheels, swing arm, footpegs, etc). In total, I spent over 200 hours polishing!

I just finished putting the bike together this morning and set off for a run. Got to the end of the road, and dropped the bike at the junction!

Bugger!

Luckily, I was taking it easy to make sure the bike was set up ok. And was only doing 5mph off the junction, when the rear wheel slipped out from underneath me. I think it might have been some wet-look tyre dressing that was around the sidewall of the tyre (take note, guys!).

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Oh bollox !

Have you done any damage? (hope not)

Thanks for the heads up bout the tyrewall polish !

Shall I send you a small parcel of bubble wrap the same as I am sending Lloyd :doh:

Cheers

Kurt

·
president
1,009 Posts
Good Luck Jonny

hope i am not too late and you have already buggered off but as the president i can feel a speech coming on ................

GOOD LUCK JONNY.............MAY YOUR GOD GO WITH YOU AND MAY ALL YOUR DAYS IN IRAQ BE HAPPY ONES..............I DONT KNOW ABOUT ANYONE ELSE BUT MY CHEST IS BURSTING WITH PRIDE THAT WE HAVE A BRIT BENELLI OWNER KICKING THE SHIT OUT OF ALL THOSE NASTY TERROISTS.......PLEASE COME BACK IN ONE PEACE AS OTHERWISE I WILL HAVE TO VISIT YOU IN THE NEW BENELLI DAY CARE CENTRE WITH LLOYD.....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
903 Posts
Johnny

:doh: Sharky John is an American air force pilot! :rolling:

We know what you mean though mate!

Philbrian, I hope your bike has not sustained much damage mate, it really hurts when your pride and joy goes down the road!:mad:

Hope you did not get hurt.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the well-wishes guys. I've been hobbling around as my knee was banged up quite bad and had swelled up to about the size of a melon. Everything else was fine as I was wearing a leather jacket, gloves and bike boots. Good job too as they all got some big scuffs in them, even doing 5mph. I think I'd of broken a toe or two had it not been for the boots. My jeans are fucked mind. Bike wasn't too badly damaged. I polished the scuffs out of the footpegs and there's some scratching on the green fairing - but as we all know, this would be flaking off anyway already! ha ha
Got a scrape on the exhaust, but I was looking a getting a race can, so no worries really. Could have been a lot worse had I had had the bike slide from under me while cornering, so I count myself lucky. There's a lot of trucks down my way and I could have ended up underneath one of them.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
That knee looks a bit well fooked !
Are you sure there is nowt broken?

As for Ir_fuel - Yup I think leather trousers are in order - I always do, ever since a get off on my mates 125 bout 7 years ago (was riding it home for him after he bought it) I lost it on some gravel on a bend and slid down the road with only jeans on - luckily I was only going slow at the time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Looks a bit of a nasty one there buddy (loving the little cute white ankle socks though;)).
I never ride without wearing the full shebang as I know that on the very day that I did then something would happen:(
Hope the knee heals up soon matey:D

I reckon that there should be an injuries section in here too:D All you buggers out there keep getting hurt and showing us lot in here pictures with bits of skin missing;) Makes my nuts resemble a walnut shell when I see piccies like that:rolling:

Al (Resembling a walnut shell:))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts