Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I went to my local music venue, the Robin 2, to see an ELO tribute band, "the ELO experience", who were actually quite good, as I was lucky enough to have seen them in 1981, the Robin 2 is a venue I love as it holds a maximum of 700 people which I find more intimate than the larger venues that big bands and stars go to these days. As I have been there on numerous occasions (and the beers quite cheap at £2 a pint) It got me thinking about the previous bands I've seen there, one of them I have seen twice there "The Australian Pink Floyd" who are Superb, the only down fall is that they are so good that they now do much bigger venues, ie the NIA, Birmingham etc and although I believe they started most of their touring here in the UK, they are nowadays touring all over the World (sounds like an ELO song that ! :rolleyes: ) including extensively in the USA and are due back over here in the UK next April, (at the bloody NIA ! :doh: ) so if you get chance to see them, then do so ! "The Australian Pink Floyd" are the only Pink Floyd tribute band that have not only entertained original memebers of "Pink Floyd" but have also played on stage with them................ Now thats an achievement ! ;)

My next band I have tickets for is "Hayseed Dixie" in March at the Robin 2, which I'm really looking forward to seeing !

So if anyone is happy to recommend any smaller bands to go and see, please let me know ! :D

:ele:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Bands.... I found these quite entertaining the other day when I had nothing to do at work.. :D

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
someone told me about this up & coming band i've personally never heard of them & can't see them doing much!!!!!! only good thing is the drumers got a great surname hmmm i wonder who's got the same ;)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
oooow, you kinky perv mate ! ;)

:D
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
I must remember to read through my posts BEFORE posting them up..
:rolling:​

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
+1 for the OZ pink floyd Rob I have seen them 4 times - once before they got really big in a smallish venue in Galway, twice at the NIA and once in Dublin... quality every time especially when they were touring Dark side of the Moon :D Not such a fan of the Wall so I didnt bother with the last tour. My only criticism of them having seen the real FLoyd is that they are perhaps TOO polished!

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Also saw the Auz Pink Floyd down here at Carnglaze Caverns, underground venue for about 250 people where the Navy used to store rum. Temperature is 10 degrees whatever the outside weather. The girl solo singer backing them was so good she gave me goosepimples when she sang.

Could be more embarrassing regarding concerts long ago. Saw Pink Floyd on their Animals Tour at Wembley, well before the Wall tour. Also saw them at Van **** club in Plymouth before they released the "Darkside" Album and became mainstream.

If you get the chance - Midge Ure does solo acoustic concerts to small groups and intimate venues. He is most deffo a must to see.

Dave

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
444 Posts
sweet music

You could always try the band I took (using the word took loosley cos i'm actualy the sound mixer but took em as manager) to glastonbury this year. The lead singer is my ickle brother.

www.myspace.com/tenkayrunner

Don't worry, no myspace account or log in necessary. Check em out and let me know what you lot think. :D

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The girl solo singer backing them was so good she gave me goosepimples when she sang.
Would that have been during The Great Gig in the Sky by any chance? That girl is amazing I was blown away when I first heard her sing that.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I nearly bought Midge Ure tickets when I was at the Robin as he's there at the begining of December, I might just go and get some tomorrow now, ;)

:D
I was surprised to learn that's his real surname - my dad worked with his dad Jimmy Ure.

always thought it sounded like a stage name

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,415 Posts
You could always try the band I took (using the word took loosley cos i'm actualy the sound mixer but took em as manager) to glastonbury this year. The lead singer is my ickle brother.

www.myspace.com/tenkayrunner

Don't worry, no myspace account or log in necessary. Check em out and let me know what you lot think. :D
Pretty good that,do like a bit of twangy indie guitar:clap:

Gonna be in the cyber que for Paul [email protected] the Albert Hall tickets for next year on monday:D

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Colin

:D :D :D :D :D You are on the money! She was so true to the original song I honestly thought it could have been the same singer
but I don't think she was born when it was first done.
Dave

Would that have been during The Great Gig in the Sky by any chance? That girl is amazing I was blown away when I first heard her sing that.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was surprised to learn that's his real surname - my dad worked with his dad Jimmy Ure.

always thought it sounded like a stage name
I have to say that having seen Midge Ure live at the Robin 2 tonight doing simply acoustic on his own, he's Superb ! :bow: and I look forward (and hope) he comes back next year. His voice is powerful but not OTT, and although when he talks he sounds like our very own Fraser Yule ;) it's certainly not a bad thing (almost Sean Connery style) now it's given me the taste of Raw but Quality Real Live Music, from Ultravox songs to his own solo songs and even a cover song, all of which added up to an Excellent night of music,

Now does this mean that i want to see him in Ultravox on tour next spring (as he announced), well maybe so,

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Thought you would like the concert, told you he was a must see....If you are in to Ultravox, look out for anything from John Foxx aswell.

Dave

1 - 20 of 22 Posts