Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive done 866 miles on my born again trippler and running very sweetly the run upto Donnington (Toseland.... words escape me almost as much as his leathers...... ) but by fudge does my arse hurt.That seat was a Nazi instrument of tourture I swear.any good solutions that dont cost the earth would be appreciated lol

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Get a few more pie's down your neck mate, I have no trouble at all with my derriere after a good long run because of the natural padding :rolling:

Johnny :cool:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just did 2100 miles to Italy and back (including a pair of 500 miles days) and got off fresher than I got on. Never once did I feel the need to stop for anything other than a photo opertunity.

Airhawk seat pads rule !! :excited:

Just did the same on my Ducati ST3 and by day 4 it was 45mins between stops for an arse massage (and the ST3 has a very deep soft seat).

Aarron

PS Its not all good news though. The extra half inch you sit higher means your knees get an easier time of it, but it canters you more forward puting more stress on your neck muscles, escpecially in traffic. Also it takes a while to get use to the rolling forward motion under hard braking.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Airhawk seat pads rule !! :excited:

Aarron
Thanks Aarron ,I did think about the Airhawk route my cousins Blackbird has a Corbin and he was fine although he did say his shoulders ached !!

·
Registered
147 Posts
To be fair I havent done 2000mls on the benelli without the seat pad, so I dont know if the shoulders would have ached anyway.

Just went on a second trip with a guy on a Mille, and his shoulders gave up in exactly the same way using the stock seat, so perhaps its just a low bars thing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I baught the plastic Cruiser Medium wich still costs £50. I thought this was way expensive ..... now I dont.

I ended up with the front edge 1/4-1/2 inch away from the tank so you are sitting on the front 4/5 of the pad. The rear then protrudes up onto the rear seat. I protected the paint between the front and back seats with gaffa tape as the airhawk does have a zip (although it never rubbed).

The reason I sat on the front was two fold. 1) when you brake you roll into the tank which feels more normal and takes the weight off your shoulders, and 2) equalizing the pressure over your arse is one thing, but to include you wedding tackle just felt plain wierd.

I baught thin bungy cord from John Lewis to go under the original seat and tie the pad in place. This worked perfectly and it didnt move all trip. It also allowed quickish removal overnight. The straps that came with it had metals clips that looked like they would scratch in an instant.

If you buy one put it on before the trip. It is a bit wierd at first so you need to get used to it.

Aarron

·
Waiting for the AA
54 Posts
ordered it today. It's £64.99 from Busters, but it's shown in a summer sizzle brochure at £49.99. Pg 9. If you ring them and tell them, they'll honour the lower price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts