Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone on here knows that when you own a nelli then you are going to get more attention than the average joe on a rice burner. So,there I was sitting at the lights on one of Edinburghs major roundabouts when a police 4x4 pulls up at a set of lights across from me. I'm wondering what the copper is doing as he seems to be pointing in my direction with his thumb in the air. I realise that he's telling me that he likes the bike and then he moves his hand and cups it behind his ear. He wants to hear it, so I cracked the throttle open a couple of times and let it bounce off of the rev limited and he gives me a big thumbs up for that:D The lights change and I'm along side him now at the next set sitting at a red. He leans across his partner in the passenger seat and yells 'open her up' and nods to a fairly empty bypass in front of me. I popped my visor up and joked to him about being tricked into getting done for speeding and he said 'seriously mate, open her up. I want to hear it properly'.
I thought to myself that opportunities like this don't come along very often so I decided to go for it. Lights turn green and I'm off into a long(ish) left hander, tucked down into the fairing with my arse cheek hanging off of the seat and the bike screaming like a banshee. I glance into the mirror to see the coppers arm hanging out the window waving around like he's trying to throw a lasoo and I'm off. Up the bypass at 150mph before I hit some traffic and slow down to steady my nerves. There are some days when you just can't beat owning a nelli:bow::D:clap:

Al
(Still with a clean licence:p)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Everyone on here knows that when you own a nelli then you are going to get more attention than the average joe on a rice burner. So,there I was sitting at the lights on one of Edinburghs major roundabouts when a police 4x4 pulls up at a set of lights across from me. I'm wondering what the copper is doing as he seems to be pointing in my direction with his thumb in the air. I realise that he's telling me that he likes the bike and then he moves his hand and cups it behind his ear. He wants to hear it, so I cracked the throttle open a couple of times and let it bounce off of the rev limited and he gives me a big thumbs up for that:D The lights change and I'm along side him now at the next set sitting at a red. He leans across his partner in the passenger seat and yells 'open her up' and nods to a fairly empty bypass in front of me. I popped my visor up and joked to him about being tricked into getting done for speeding and he said 'seriously mate, open her up. I want to hear it properly'.
I thought to myself that opportunities like this don't come along very often so I decided to go for it. Lights turn green and I'm off into a long(ish) left hander, tucked down into the fairing with my arse cheek hanging off of the seat and the bike screaming like a banshee. I glance into the mirror to see the coppers arm hanging out the window waving around like he's trying to throw a lasoo and I'm off. Up the bypass at 150mph before I hit some traffic and slow down to steady my nerves. There are some days when you just can't beat owning a nelli:bow::D:clap:

Al
And you wonder why your bike overheated|!!!!:clap:

Nice one!

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hey Al, my brother is a traffic cop and he regularly patrols the bypass.

He probably thought that it was me he was pulling up beside as there are not too many TRE's in Edinburgh as you know. However, he regularly pulls this 'trick' on sportbike riders in order to get a few more recorded incidents in his book for the day.

Hope you enjoyed the high speed 'blast' mate......................................Oh, and you should be receiving your speeding ticket summons through the post sometime soon :rolling:

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Up the bypass at 150mph before I hit some traffic and slow down to steady my nerves. There are some days when you just can't beat owning a nelli:bow::D:clap:

Al
Lucky bastard! I got a ticket on the way to work last week going 75. Shite. And it was a motorcycle cop at that. Double shite. :bawl:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts