Benelli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, these aren't nearly as gory as the ones Bull posted of his torn-up leg, but they give you an idea of how shattered my leg is, these are 15 weeks after the surgery! I'm scheduled for a bone graft operation on August 10 to fill in those big gaps you can see in the "big gaps" pic.

left view

big gaps

ankle view

front view

:eek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Mark,

They're maybe not as gory as Bull's pics but those screws going into your bones will make me ride a little bit slower tomorrow for sure.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

Laurence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks painfull enough for me, fingers crossed for a quick recovery mark !

All the best
Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I have a feeling it's still going to be quite some time before I can swing my leg over a bike. Oh well, they're sitting in the garage, waiting patiently. :\

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mark;)

Looking at those pictures made me squirm a little bit to say the least:eek: I'll crack open a beer for you tonight and toast your speedy recovery to getting back on your bike;)

Al|I

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I still squirm when I look at the outside of my ankle - you can actually see all 5 of the screw heads on the bottom of the fibula plate. Look like bumps under my skin. Creepy. And I can feel where that big break is in the tibia on the front of my leg - you can see where the bone separates and goes off in a different direction. Ugh...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Holy crap!!!

I got a CD in the mail from the hospital today, it has the x-rays of my leg that were taken in the emergency room before the surgery. Ouch! They're at
my yahoo photo album and are the first 4 pictures in the album.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ouch!

Speedy recovery man, the photos are highly suggestive to say the least. The thing that helps most is a strong will to get back running. I sense that present in your posts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: ouch!

Blimey - not been on the site for a bit but just saw the pics...ouch!!! Speedy recovery dude!

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!

Thanks guys for the good wishes. I'm pretty nervous about this upcoming surgery for some reason. I sure hope the bone graft works, but we won't know for about 6-8 weeks after the surgery. That puts me into early October. Now I'm hoping to be able to ride before the end of 2006!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts