Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whoop! whoop! now i feel like one of the gang. :clap: Got my cafe racer on friday. It is now doing this thing where - if i turn on the ignition the neutral light doesnt come on even thought it is in neutral and it wont start.:doh: However if i put up the stand and pick the bike up, the neutral light still doesnt come on but it starts. After about 10 minutes of riding the neutral light will come on when it should.

None of this happens if i start it from warm - like at the petrol station or at the shopor something. It starts fine then.

Everything is okay as i have my magic 2 years warranty. But does anybody know why its doing these crazy things.:confused:

·
1,841 Posts
Sounds like a sticking neutral switch, it will start as you describe with the clutch in,it "thinks it is gear"it has happened to someone else on here.I would advise your dealer so they can get one in ready for your service.

·
Registered
403 Posts
i suggest

Cheers man.
I will have to start a list of things to mention to them!
You become very vocal about your concerns, and dont give them an inch.
Sounds like something that will leave you stranded somewhere, and that aint good

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
whoop! whoop! now i feel like one of the gang. :clap: Got my cafe racer on friday. It is now doing this thing where - if i turn on the ignition the neutral light doesnt come on even thought it is in neutral and it wont start.:doh: However if i put up the stand and pick the bike up, the neutral light still doesnt come on but it starts. After about 10 minutes of riding the neutral light will come on when it should.

None of this happens if i start it from warm - like at the petrol station or at the shopor something. It starts fine then.

Everything is okay as i have my magic 2 years warranty. But does anybody know why its doing these crazy things.:confused:
i had the same problem with the neutral light switch it caused the dash to play up all the time once the bike started .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts