Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Took delivery of my new Benelli in Silver & Green today, from R & R Motorcycle in Northern Ireland,

What a bike!! I enjoyed the trip home of 200 miles to Soulthern Ireland with no faults,

I really enjoy reading the forum, amd look forward to sharing my experiances with you on this super bike.

I just could not resist the £5999 offer, great value for a super bike.

Regards

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome to the forums Dave:D Glad you're liking the bike as much as we all do here. This is a great forum for learning more about your bike (as I am) and for sharing your experiences with the Tre;)

Anyway bud, what other bikes have you had in the past and do you know anyone else with a Tre down your way:b

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Al

Many thanks for the welcome, I have enjoyed the forum and found it a great source of info in helping me make my decision to take the plunge.

I have kept my Ducati 749s which I also enjoy but I do have to say even after the short ride to date in my opinion the Benelli has better handling, and a more comfortable riding position, I cannot comment on the performance yet, but it is hard to match the Rrrrrrrrrrrr of the Benelli and I still hav'nt given it socks yet.

I think I am the only Benelli in Dublin area at the moment, as I havn't see one yet,

Good to talk, many thanks again

Safe motoring

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum dbuckley. once you got the girl run in I wouldnt mind knowing what you think of the power compared to the 749?

All the best

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I am the only Benelli in Dublin area at the moment, as I havn't see one yet
It's nice to feel like a celebrity when you've your arse popped down on one of these babies and even more so when you know that they are few and far between:D The noise that comes from the Tre is something that has to be heard to be believed. I remember a couple of years ago when Benelli were getting into World Superbikes (I'm sure it was that:rolleyes ) and as one of their bikes went screaming along the start/finish line there was a huge amount of mechanics, team bosses, you name it, just wanting to hear the noise that it made:eek

Do you know if any parts in the Tre has been upgraded due to the recall of some components?
Get some more miles under you belt mate and get that engine broken in (there is a thread on these pages that can help you with that) and then you'll really appreaciate the bike when you can open her up as much as you like:lol Fnar fnar:lol

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HI Al

Can you tell me how I get info on the recalls to check have they been done or not.

Thanks

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to butt in its only cos Im currently logged in. Give your local shop or if not try KJM. Give them your engine and chassis no. and they'll tell you all. If its new you shoudl have all the latest stuff. They tend to be better (except in Big Al's case) better than the 03 and 04 models.

The recalls on my 03 model which was done by my local dealer (reddog) were the neutral mod, tilt switch, upgrade to the 6033 map - helps it run better and new battery cos the orig died within about 3 months

Goodluck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts