• Put up and Shut up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,

After weeks of promising to take a few picture of the paint peeling on my lower fairing, I have finally remembered to get into the garage and take a few shots.

Thing is, now I look at it, it does seem rather trivial.

What do i do? Do I just accept it and do what Lloyd had told me to and just use some clear nail varnish along the edge to stop it peeling away further?

Or,

Do I continue with a warranty claim (2 years run out on 29 July 2007) and see about getting the lower changed?

Or do I wait until a couple of months before the warranty runs out and do it then?

Advice please.

Pictures attached below!

·
1,228 Posts
Both

You do both mate. Put in your warranty claim right away before it runs out. Then you put a bit of clear nail polish on it to keep it from worsening while you wait for the new parts to arrive. If you don't put a claim in before the warranty runs out then you never get the new parts unless you buy them. You may never get the new parts anyway but at least if you file now there is a chance.

john

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
paint peeling on balck lowers

Andy,
THanks for putting the pics of your paint prob, yours seem to be smaller sections of paint peeling - I will put a pic of mine on soon - I have just 1 piece that has peeled (as far has I have seen) but it is about 10pence piece size.
I will prob wait till next wk end then drag the bike out of the garage and take some pics
Cheers
Kurt

·
Administrator
972 Posts
The more we bitch about problems the more I think the mothership will take notice. :) Especially if we post pics of the problems.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Trivial or not

Okay,

After weeks of promising to take a few picture of the paint peeling on my lower fairing, I have finally remembered to get into the garage and take a few shots.

Thing is, now I look at it, it does seem rather trivial.

What do i do? Do I just accept it and do what Lloyd had told me to and just use some clear nail varnish along the edge to stop it peeling away further?

Or,

Do I continue with a warranty claim (2 years run out on 29 July 2007) and see about getting the lower changed?

Or do I wait until a couple of months before the warranty runs out and do it then?

Advice please.

Trivial or not Andy, I am gonna go down the same route as Johny states - contact Benelli Uk in the next few days (I gotta speak to them anyway about the new gearbox that has just been fitted to my 05 Tre)
My warranty runs out in May this year - so would like all matters resolved or at least something in black n white from them about what they are going to do.
I really hope they can sort it out to my satisfaction cos I really would like another Benelli in around a years time, but if they cant help me this time round then I see it that nothing would change next time round.

Catch you soon

Kurt

·
903 Posts
Do both!

:p

You guy's do both, consolidate the peeling paint and put in a warrenty claim at the same time. That way if you do not get any response from benelli at least the paint peeling problem will not worsen.

There is no way that they could refuse a warrenty claim because you prevented any more paint peeling off. :)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay guys, thanks for the advice so far...

next question, anyone particularly good at writing complaints so I can get action on this. I don't see why I should endure a 300 miles journey for the privaledge of getting my fairing sorted, when it is not my fault!

Any suggestions on the way ahead, I am normally the 'put up and shut up' type, but why should I have dodgy parts!

Andy

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keep your claim in, forward the pictures to [email protected] with a decription of the bike and your details. It should get sorted.

If not give me a call and I'll do some butt kicking;)
Russ, many thanks for the advice, in fact many thanks for all the advice... it is appreciated!

I will send off an email this week end when I am back at home (I can't send pictures via my work PC - security issues!)

If I need any assistance, I will take you up on your offer!

Andy

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Paint peeling

Hi Andy,

I have spoken with Brian at Benelli - he has just told me to email him the pics of my paint peeling.
I had a proper look round her in my garage last night - there are around 6 or 7 different places on the lowers where paint is peeling from !!!!!!!!!!!
BUGGER !!
I gonna try and post a few pics on here -
By the way I sent an email to you via this site (or maybe your SV hotmail account - did you get it??)

Thanks to all you guys for your advice - it is very much appreciated

Roll on summer :) :) :) :D :D :D

Kurt

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally got around to checking the Bike Properly....

This is not good news!

Email has been sent to Brian Harris at KJM, hopefully will let you all know some good news!

Pictures below....

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And before you lot give me a hard time - yes I know there is a bit of tarnishing on some of the metal bits... don't you know what they throw on the road surfaces in the UK through the winter?

And yes, it is dirty, |i had just got back in from a ride as well!

Stop giving me a hard time!:mad:

This bike isn't wrapped up for winter... as soon as the weather is good enough it is out of the garage putting a grin on my face!

Andy:D

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Bloody hell Andy!!!

Look at that tarnishing on some of the metal bits:rolling:
What do you mean as soon as the weather's good enough? It's been lovely up here. I have the bike you for a blast today too. Feels great:ele:

Al:bow:

·
1,228 Posts
Tranishing

you know that the tarnish slows you down by at least 1 mph. Also, I tought we were all posers? How can you pose on a tarnished bike????

·
903 Posts
Pulled over!

:p

The reason you got pulled Andy was because you have the Black and Silver one and the plod hate that colour!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Seriously though, that is a hell of a lot of peeling paint, my green one was not as bad a that after three years!:confused:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Concerned!

Six days since I sent the email to KJM and still no reply; not even an acknowledgement that the email was received!:mad:

I'll give it a few more days then phone them up!

Andy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts