Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bawl: hi to everyone.

please help! my rs 55 plate wont run.the starter turns but engine wont fire.
there is a good spark, new spark plugs, the battery is new. the fuel pump primes when ignition is turnrd on and seems to be good fuel pressure in system. the plugs are not getting wet,so no fuel getting through injectors! not totally sure how the system works to open the injectors,is it the crank sensor or ecm? anyone else had this problem?
cheers stu.:confused:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hello 5tuy and welcome to the madhouse.

Err.. Please don't take this the wrong way but please check that you have not knocked the 'kill switch' on (or should that be off?) if ya know what I mean, because you wouldn't be the first (or the last) to do this and that would give the symptoms you are describing. :)

I once drove twenty miles to a friends place of work, through rush hour traffic with a trailer to recover his non starting bike, only to find someone had flicked the 'kill switch' on. :mad: He felt stupid and I took the pi$$.. :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
you wouldn't be the first (or the last) to do this
...sounds like you are speaking from experience there Stephen :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Hello 5tuy and welcome to the madhouse.

Err.. Please don't take this the wrong way but please check that you have not knocked the 'kill switch' on (or should that be off?) if ya know what I mean, because you wouldn't be the first (or the last) to do this and that would give the symptoms you are describing. :)

I once drove twenty miles to a friends place of work, through rush hour traffic with a trailer to recover his non starting bike, only to find someone had flicked the 'kill switch' on. :mad: He felt stupid and I took the pi$$.. :rolling:
The engine doesnt even turn over with the kill switch on does it? Could be wrong but thought that was what happened on the Nellis.
Do you have an immobiliser on the bike?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The engine doesnt even turn over with the kill switch on does it? Could be wrong but thought that was what happened on the Nellis.
Does it not????
Bloody Hell, thought it did. God I'm missing getting out on me Nelli and I can't even remember what the knobs do.... :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I can't even remember what the knobs do.... :rolling:
Must resist the very obvious cheap joke :D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
...sounds like you are speaking from experience there Stephen :rolleyes:
Yep. :confused: As I said, I was the numpty who drove twenty miles (and back) for the pleasure of pushing his now flat battery bike to bump-start it. :(

Still, what are friends for eh.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks lads,but the kill switch is ok, i have checked the neutral switch and stand switch and are ok too. it has a meta alarm/immob fitted and all seems to work ok. :confused:

·
1,841 Posts
Hi, you say new plugs, could you have disturbed or forgotten to reconnect the tip switch at front of airbox ? If it tips it does allow it to turn over it just does not go.(although I thought it stops the fuel pump)
Also have you checked the 25 amp fuse under the seat (injection fuse)
Also if you changed the plugs have you put back the leads in the right order ie no 1 is right sitting on bike (I think !)
colin

·
Mid Life Crisis
107 Posts
RS Won't Start

...Had exactly the same problem with mine about a year ago.

Had run perfectly when I laid it up and refused to start next time despite engine turning over.

trailered off to Rusty Russ who could't fathom it either...

eventually, a squirt of carb cleaner into the air intakes and it fired up straight away and has run fine ever since...!!

Worth a try....

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DAVE- tried to start the rs this morning and was exactly how i left it last night when it would not start. turned the key pulled the clutch and pushed the starter button and it STARTED no messing! :clap: ooooooooeeeerrr have removed all block conectors from ecm and sprayed with electrical cleaner and has been starting properly all day! cant explain it GREMLINS OR PARANORMAL ACTIVITIES? perhaps it has feelings,i have been thinking of selling,now said i WONT! will leave tonight and try again in the morn.:confused:

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Glad you have the problem sorted mate, its all part of the joy of owning a Benelli,every time you put the key in the ignition its a bit like a first date......you are never sure if you are going to get a ride. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts