Benelli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To cut a long story short, I've been having a lot of problems (haven't we all) with my Tornado (clutch, gearbox and clocks to name a few) and I was getting really downhearted because of the lack of dealers here in Scotland that I could turn to. The bike hasn't even been in for it's first service yet and I was beginning to regret buying the Tre as I hadn't realised that there would basically be no support for the bike here in Scotland. Anyway, I got on the blower to KJM and spoke to a really nice bloke called Brian who was looking into getting someone up here to do the work rather than me try and transport the bike 300 or so miles to their dealership. I called Brian today and he has told me that they will pick the bike up for me as they will be in Scotland on either Monday or Tuesday:D I'm suddenly feeling really good as I know that they KJM mechanics are really good at what they do and I can't wait to get the bike back all nice and fresh after it's little spell in hospital;) To top it off, I've bought myself a really nice helmet cam so that I can try and make some little video clips of this little beauty stretching it's legs.
I will be getting the bike picked up on either Monday or Tuesday and I'll hear from the guys at KJM when I can go and collect it some point in that week. I have a long weekend off that week too so the timing couldn't be any better:smokin
I hope that the good vibes that I got from speaking to them doesn't turn into a nightmare. All I want is to do is play on my bike, so here's keeping my fingers crossed for a stress free couple of weeks;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good to hear some good news from your bad initial experince. I have used KJM on several parts and will also use them on all servicing of my bike. From what I can gather back here in the UK they are 110% - 1st class in all area's. Im sure your bike is in safe hands now.

Hope it all goes well though

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Guys

I'm sure you wont be disapointed Al.

I've always found KJM to be helpful and go out of their way to provide support whenever they can.

No doubt you will keep us all posted when you get it back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KJM dudes

It's reassuring to hear that KJM have such a good reputation. I think that I would prefer to have those guys look at my bike rather than someone up here who has never worked on Benelli's before. Before they come and pick the bike up I'm gonna try and order another chain for it. The one that's on it looks pants and rusts quicker than a rusty thing with rust on it:eek I seen a link somewhere on the net for some 'Z' ring chains so I'll have to hit the ol' search engine tonight to see what I can come up with:D

Oh Laurence, I've had a look on the KJM website about the double bubble screen that I was looking for and they have a price for it now but I'll be damned if I can find a picture:|

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: KJM dudes

What symptons are you getting from the clutch and gearbox?
I've got a Tornado that doesn't seem right when changing down throught the box and I'd put it down to "new bike, not run it yet" scenario.

Plus I now don't know whether to take it to KJM or 3X for it's first service?

On the plus side, I see blue when I look up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re:KJm dudes

The symptoms that I'm getting from the clutch Bluesky was the old 'I can find neutral for the life of me' scenario. I think this has been caused by the clutch actuator arm (The small arm on the left side of the engine that the clutch cable connects to) as it looks like this should have been replaced by an upgrade on that specific part. If yours is silver alloy then that's the old part but if it's a black steel then that is the new conversion kit which supposedly makes the shifting/neutral problem easier to deal with. The gearbox problem that I'm having seems worrying however. After speaking to one of the mechanics at KJM about the very load grinding noice that came from the gearbox when shifting down seems to be the fault of some bolt (I forgot where he said that it was or should be attatched to) making it's way loose. This was a problem which originated at the factory as they had simply not tightened the bolt enough for it to do it's job properly. It was meant to be quite a well known problem on the 03 models but the bloke at KJM said that he had never heard of an 04 model getting this. (I wish I could remember where the hell this bolt should've been attatched to). The noise from the gearbox and the vibration that comes through the pegs when this happens is quite scary. I really thought that the chain had come off and was rattling about on the frame it was sio bad:eek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Screen pics

Thanks for those laurence:D I have managed to find a site that will do the smoked screen for a smidgen under £85;) The only thing I need to do is work out the postage costs.
All I need to do now is buy a decent chain and I'll be happy (for now):lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Screen pics

Blimey Al, that sounds a bit dodgy.

My situation is that when I let the clutch lever out (on changing down the box) there's a sort of catch from the lever, like the cable is snagging on something and then letting go again.

Would that be the slipper clutch?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
clutch lever movement

Everything is ok, go back and look for related posts that explains what is happening, basically your slipper clutch is lifting the clutch pressure plate more than it needs to and is creating too much clutch cable free-play during deceleration. The snatch happens if you have the clutch lever half way in when you get on or off the gas.

I have explained previously how to fix this, some forum'ers have done the work themselves but it is only for someone with mechanical knowledge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts