Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't believe my luck since the cam chain snapped on the tre, It's nearly 3 months already, and still looks to be far off from being sorted. Apparently the new valves don't fit the collers from the old head. Would have thought that they would have sent new one's as it's a total rebuild ? Now i have to wait for Benelli in italy to reply to Brians e'mail at KJM & probably wait another 2-3 weeks for something else to be sent over !
Anybody wan't to make an offer on a 05 tre waiting to be fixed ???????
Yours miserably and pi---d off

Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow bad luck gary,
when you listen to all of us on the forum it becomes apparent that the Benelli range of bikes do have there mechanical problems, but no more than any other manufacturer including BMW and the great (or not so) HONDA and kwakadaki and the exclusivity makes it almost worth while >D but! the after sales service from the factory is absolute @#%$!!!!! (not I hasten to add from most of the uk dealers and importer) sorry to swear but how much crap does the factory think we can take maybe a barrage of letters and emails from all of us sent directly to Italy and China could make a difference? Like I've said before it's the factory's lack of support that is making me hesitate about owning another Benelli >: >: >: anybody who is up for letter writing let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with your suggestion of writing a letter to benelli,perhaps they dont even realise the frustration of owners! If some one wrote a good letter to explain our feelings and had it translated to Italian (I think this is more likely to have an effect) then it could be posted on here for all to send to Benelli. I can accept things go wrong, but in todays small world ther is no reason for long delays of parts and information.:rollin :evil :rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I've owned mine (Jan 06) it has been off the road more than it's been on. It is now off the road again for the umpteenth time and is not due to get picked up for another three weeks. Then I'll have to wait for the bike to be repaired. If my past experiences are anything to go by then I can expect my bike to be off the road for at least another 2 weeks (probably more). It's true to say that the support from the factory has been absolutly pants, but we have to remember that it's the dealers who have more punch in this than us small fry punters. Maybe less of the softly softly approach when dealing with the dealers is what's needed. If you bought the bike from the dealers then get on their backs as often as you can. Ask for deadlines, constant updates, who they spoke to, when they spoke to them, what was said and what's going to be done in resolving your problem. Ask for copies of all communication (email and letters) to be sent to you. Don't sit back and take their word for it and let them know that you won't. There are dealers out there who are on the ball but there are those who seem to forget that it is our purchases that pay their wages, when they forget that then we should maybe look elsewhere to take our business.

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh, might be an idea, but i'm now looking at getting shot of it and maybe getting an mv agusta f1000s instead. I know its italian again, but they don't seem to go wrong constantly like the tre does. Like you say, its the aftercare service that stinks, can't beleive the lack of it & the time to get things sorted out.....
Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm now looking at getting shot of it and maybe getting an mv agusta f1000s instead.
That's what happens when customers get pissed ( I mean brassed) off Gary. If they can't deliver the goods then stay the **** away .... that's what I say>:
And as for the MV? Mmmmmmmmmmmm *drool*

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
letter

A letter in Italian won't do anything, the Chinese are not into Italian language much.

English is the language they will best understand, I doubt our Chinese capabilities will make us understood.

If not getting an answer from Benelli by Thursday I will try to get it to the motor press. Enough people are pissed off in German forums also. However be aware the MV Agusta is not too much a difference although more responsive to their customers, even learnt from some guy that had a call from the top Agusta guy and an invitation to the factory together with the solution to his problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: letter

Please keep us all updated with your progress so far aquilla. It sounds as though we could all learn a thing or two from your past experiences:(

Al:\

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: letter

Hi Guys,
What are we going to do?.Obviously we all love our bikes when they are going well.I do hope the chinese owners are going to sort our concerns and start offering a decent backup soon.
I have just got back from a tour to the Austrian Tirol and back,via France,Germany,Switzerland,and Italy.
And guess what?.I did it on my Triumph 1050 ST.I just wasnt prepared to trust either of my Benellis.
I was amazed that in nearly 3000 miles i only saw one Benelli,a yellow RS in Baden Baden in Germany.It was stationary at a junction and my mates said it was probably broken down!.
So it seems that the majority of Benellis sold are in the UK!!
Zebo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
support

Going as individuals to any magazine won't make a difference in my opinion. Going as a group and speaking loud to the management and then to the press if they refuse to listen and change the way they are NOT acting now, will might trigger an alarm.

It is not today the first day I found out that this community is doing more for the Benelli brand than the factory and its people.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
geting one next week

I'm getting one here in the US next weekend. Should I NOT do this? I'm very very worried now that I've read all this. The bike has 890miles on it, and I have to ride it 800 miles home ...
There are 0 dealers and service techs where I live, so I'd have to do all my own work, and I'm not rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: geting one next week

If there is no warranty on it, better not touch it. I speak from the experience of having two bikes brought over from the US, one is an LE, and they have plenty of problems.
The one I bought in Germany runs almost trouble free, apart from smoking at joints muffler, paint peeling - sort of small problems, I wouldnt notice them as problems though.

If you do not have a dealer and no warranty and if you say that the money IS an object, than based on my pitty experience I wouldn't adventure.

Don't get me wrong, the bikes are amazing fun when they work but boy double the pain when something goes wrong and you are refused any help of getting it right.
I have three Tornado's, that enabled me to keep all three running by always swapping parts. Now I got a Triumph Rocket for more torque. And for decent service.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cam Chain

Gary,

How many Km's did you have on the clock when your cam chain snapped?

And what year is your bike from?

Mine had less than 10,000Km's on the clock.

03 Tre but engine had 02 manufacture.

The manual says change cam chain at 25,000kms

I now have a new 04 engine, not sure whether the cam chain was changed to a stronger one though.

Read somewhere in a post by Johnny O that Tornado owners should look for a stronger chain, any idea what brand the current chain is and the amount of links etc.

Johnny O do you know whether the later models had a chain upgrade.

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts