·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
nellie hibernation guard
92 Posts
I was there on monday and kind of agree with you there. No Italian bikes apart from 2 Ducati. Didn't see Charlie but Nick Saunders was flogging his latest DVD. I was going to tell him that it would be on "Dave" in February but thought better of it.
I also was really taken by the new Nortons, wish they would bring a rotory back. I have to say, and please don't flog me for this, the most interesting stand was from BMW. Loved that 6 cyl concept bike.

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
it was pants!!!!!!! not much to see at all or really much to buy nowhere near as good as years before :(

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
I was there on monday and kind of agree with you there. No Italian bikes apart from 2 Ducati. Didn't see Charlie but Nick Saunders was flogging his latest DVD. I was going to tell him that it would be on "Dave" in February but thought better of it.
I also was really taken by the new Nortons, wish they would bring a rotory back. I have to say, and please don't flog me for this, the most interesting stand was from BMW. Loved that 6 cyl concept bike.

I love it, you should have told him mate just to see his face drop ! :rolling:

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Yup chaps, I agree with you, bike show is a shadow of it's former self. I have to go to the NEC to pic the Guzzi up on sunday so if I see Nick Saunders I will pass the 'Dave' message onto him.

I did meet Bradley smith last week at the show though, decent young lad really.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hey Fraser, how did the Guzzi get on in the competition?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Highlight of show was 1098R beating Guzzie

I went to the show on preview Friday and was verry disapointed by the turnout of NEW bukes.

Norton's looked good but way over prices for what they really are.
No Honda or Harly - but wouldnt have been interested anyhow
Ducati had only 2 bikes and smallest show space in exhibition
Royal Enfield probably had one of largest stands

Plenty of old classic race bikes and oddd concept bikes and customes tucked away around the show to keep me occupiied though.

And lets not forgett the highlight of the show Frazers Guzzie cafe racer which has been know to embarrass the odd Ducati.

I do admitt to oggling the lycra clad babes that float around most stands, and bumper into a few faces such as Bradly, Scott reading, Leon Camier, Randy Mamola and several others I cant spell.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Went yesterday with a load of guys from work. We had a good laugh, but I have to echo the comments already made.

The trade stands were excellent and several of us bought some kit etc. The overwhelming disappointment was the lack of manufacturers stand displays, not even any chinese scooters as previous years, so thats got to be bad !

I am not a business man and know very little about marketing etc, but I do know that I had an aspiration to own a Benelli for 5 years from when I first saw one at a bike show, no-one came away from the NEC with such hopes, not even for Honda etc.
Surely that shows a lack of foresight, isnt biking a choice these days rather than a neccessity, for most anyway.

Of all us lot, there was trailie guys, tourers, sports riders and even a learner, all had their favourites, but collectively we agreed the second bike in our garages would be the Triumph scrambler, with a Steve Mcqueen jacket of course.

Felt a bit sorry for James Toseland who was stood on a stand with noone talking to him.

Looking forward to better times for us all financially, and better bike shows, I thought Frasers Moto Guzzi was easily the best biking talent , Steve.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Thanks Chaps, Guzzi got to the last 12, but not into the last 3, but I am dead chuffed to get this far and after all it gets into the Carole Nash calendar and as I'm told it was in telly they other night, and as my mate pointed out - better the bike in tv than it's owner - he's right too!

Been off the forum for a while as it's been ahell of a couple of weeks and not really managed to get near a PC, seem to be connected to a steering wheel all the time.

Oh BTW, bike of the show for me was the Victory Concept. bloody stunning bike. won't be to everyones taste though.

cheers Fraser

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Wandered round the nec yesterday myself, god what a let down....hardly any bargains to be had, some big names missing and no nelli's :bawl:

I did see a figure roaming around proudly wearing a nelli t-shirt tho, turned out to be Simon (nicko) nice chap and just as p'doff as me bout nelli's abscence.
we'll at least I got to finally meet a fellow forumite, oh and there was loads of fit totty which had me walking round with a stiffy:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts