Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So I have had my 07 1130CR and put about 2500kms on it. My issue is now starting below:

• I feel like my gear selection is not as smooth as normal
  • Neutral is def even harder to find then before
  • I dont have any adjustment left on my clutch lever (see pic)
  • I FEEL like the clutch is not FULLY engaging when I pull the lever (see pic)

However - my clutch is not at slipping in any gear at all (in the high gears etc etc)

Is there any more adjustment points?
Is my clutch cable stretching out?

Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
947 Posts
Weirdly drive chain tension can have an effect. Does the cr have the clutch centre adjuster like the TNT and Tre k? If so this may need adjusting which is undo locknut screw centre in until it takes up the slack and back off 1/4 turn.

·
6,093 Posts
Is there any more adjustment points?
Yes. There is an adjuster at the clutch thrust bearing. By the sounds of what you are experiencing, the locknut may be loose,
Is my clutch cable stretching out?
Quite possibly it is about to break. When most wires have broken, the remaining ones tend to stretch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. There is an adjuster at the clutch thrust bearing. By the sounds of what you are experiencing, the locknut may be loose,

Quite possibly it is about to break. When most wires have broken, the remaining ones tend to stretch.
Do you have any pictures or diagrams of what this may look like and how to adjust?
Also the same goes for a clutch cable replacement?

I did some searching and couldn't find anything specific.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Do the simplest of checks first.
Drop the oil and save if it new and clean.
Take off entire clutch cover exposing the clutch basket. pull the clutch lever fully in and tie it with a cable tie to the handlebar. the clutch should be free and you can move the stacked plates in the basket. If they are solid , then crack the locknut adjuster off, as Glyn says grind down a slim spanner, (put it in your benelli special tools box) for future use.
Take the cable tie off and release the clutch lever, now release all the adjustment wind out you have on the cable and give yourself 2 mm of free cable at the lever pull.,With the lock nuts loose ,wind in the central hex set until it bottoms out. Release it back out a quarter turn, and lock the two nuts together to set the clutch. When you pull the clutch in fully now the clutch plate should be released . Try it and see/

·
6,093 Posts
You've got 3 things going on there. You need to hold:-
  1. the threaded insert in the bearing
  2. the locknut
  3. and the adjuster.
You can do it with several hands. Benelli made a special tool - which isn't such a bad idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts