Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While fitting the test rack to Nell, I noticed that the tail is lower on the left than the right, by 3 mm, adjacent the rear rubber bumper stops.
If they are all the same, I can compensate permanently. If not, I might have to come up with some variable way of doing it.

So far:
Left Gap = 3,-1,1.5,2,0,0,1 mm
Right Gap = 0,-1,1.5,2,4,1,1 mm

So, what are the gaps on yours?
Left Gap = ?
Right Gap = ?

·
3,085 Posts
well

if I run a straight edge across the centre of each allen bolt, and the rubber are sitting down on the washers, each one is about 1mm BELOW the top edge of the fairing?
Mind you, my pillion seat has nice even gaps to the seat cowling when its in place as well, :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have 1.5 mm each side....imo you are not going to get an exact known config, but more a tolerance. Is you carrier going to replace the rubber bump stops or sit on them?

·
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 1.5 mm each side....imo you are not going to get an exact known config, but more a tolerance. Is you carrier going to replace the rubber bump stops or sit on them?
I'm trying to find out the range that I need to accommodate.

It'll sit on the existing rubber bumpers, in exactly the same way that the pillion seat does. Already seeing a 4mm variation, so I'm going to have to sort out some kind of spacer. Maybe a single sided adhesive patch?
Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
2mm either side on mine :)

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Missing bumpstops

Arse.

Mine is missing it's rubber bumpstops altogether...!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts