Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I purchased my benelli 502c 2021 model a few months ago.
I found the odometer reading doesn't match with actual distance.
For example, I travel 129km one way for commuting almost everyday, but odometer reading shows always 141~142km. I've already brought up this issue to my dealer but they keep saying it's the result of inaccuracy of speedometer which has tolerance and it's within spec based on their demo benelli bike...

Your advice please.
On top of this, I would appreciate if you can let me know the best oil filter for this model as well.

Cheers,

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hi there,

I purchased my benelli 502c 2021 model a few months ago.
I found the odometer reading doesn't match with actual distance.
For example, I travel 129km one way for commuting almost everyday, but odometer reading shows always 141~142km. I've already brought up this issue to my dealer but they keep saying it's the result of inaccuracy of speedometer which has tolerance and it's within spec based on their demo benelli bike...

Your advice please.
On top of this, I would appreciate if you can let me know the best oil filter for this model as well.

Cheers,
That's about ten percent out,I know manufacturers build in an inaccuracy in the speedo I.e.
Reading higher than true speed,you can see this with a satnav.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have just posted the same problem and have purched a Speedo healer V4 to fix the problem . I just need to find the speedo sender unit to fit the device. Let me know if you know where it is located.

Chickadee66.

·
6,029 Posts
If your speed reads 9% high as well, you're in luck, a speedo healer will solve your problem. If not, you have a choice, read distance accurately, or speed. You can't have both.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hasn’t Chas found a way to calibrate the speedo and posted details on here somewhere. Or is the problem the difference between speed error and mileometer error?

·
6,029 Posts
Hasn’t Chas found a way to calibrate the speedo and posted details on here somewhere. Or is the problem the difference between speed error and mileometer error?
I think you're right. There does appear to be an internal setting that allows correction. A speedo healer is unnecessary. The Tre's don't have this ability, more's the pity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts