Benelli Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all.

I am officially the happiest man on the planet and I havn't been anywhere near Kylies knickers, the simple reason is, drum roll please......

I HAVE ACTUALLY RIDDEN MY RS TODAY

Yes the engine has been swapped, with a lot of help from Angus the star, and the bike put back together in what was a very long day of benelli worship. a few wee problems, but most of them resolved and I managed to have a good blast on the bike, after riding the guzzi for so long, the RS feels like a sit up bike!!! great fun.

Thanks to everyone who helped getting engine etc and with moral support whilst I was severly hacked off, but in a major moodswing I'm now the happiest skint person on the planet. So happy I will now go an reinstate my RS avater!

Can we make Angus a saint?:bow: :bow: :bow:

Fraser

·
Registered
319 Posts
Fraser,

I am glad to hear about your success. Good to know that you guys stick together to sort out problems.

In germany, we don´t have such a strong community. What a pity.

Anyway... I wish you more luck for the future than you had until now with your Nelli

Dirk

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Ah -- so the Devil's Beeftub road will be resounding again to the scream of the RS being thrashed .... have fun and keep it sticky side down:) :) :)

If you bike looks half as nice as Angus' I will be very jealous indeed .. Apologies to those of you with the banana coloured ones .. red is best!!! Mike

Just thought .. now you have a Nelli and a Guzzi .. is it not time to think about adding a Ducati to the stable? Preferably a round case 750ss .. they even look best in Bologna's version of yellow ... :D

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Glad you are back on the road again Fraser and I hope this is the start of a renewed love afair with her. Top marks to Angus for saving the day once again.. The man is becoming a legend!

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
YAHOOOOOOOOOO:ele::ele::ele:

Nice one lads:bow: This forum just gets friendlier and friendlier by the day. I have to go, I've got a lump in my throat:bawl::bawl:

(Easy Roly ... easy;))

Al:D

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice one Al, should be his ringtone...:rolling:
fraser

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
glad you sorted your bike out Fraser with Saint Angus' help ! :bow:

I spoke to him Friday when I had problems with my stick coil, from what I can gather his phone was red hot with numerous other people calling him, So I too would like to say a Big thank you to Angus for his input in getting my bike fixed !

I've sent a letter to the Queen ! (No not you Roly ! :rolling: ) HRH Queen Lizzie to get him Sainted :bow: !

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I reckon Angoose should have a new avatar to celebrate him being an all round good guy. Something along the lines of postman pat with a halo perhaps:confused: :rolling:

Al:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Frazer - glad to hear your back on the road -thanks to the support of the patron sain of Benelli - lets hope the bike lasts the summer and is all OK for next years West Coast Scotland gathering.
I'm off to Cadwell on the 18th to try the 1130 aains the Morini bretherin. Will post some pics.
Cheers Nigel.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I fancy the top gun theme chaps :bow: . Honoured by your comments and at the end of the day i'm happy to be helping everyone on here. ( Dont Forget Russ is our No1 Emergency Service Here :bow: ).

Big Thanks to Russ for entrusting me with Delivery of two MV's to there welcoming owners and putting up with my enthusiasm to ensure as requested the bikes were dropped off alongside Fraser's RS being resurrected :clap:

We all should see the positives of our Benelli's and to hear one run after being down is fantastic and look upon these bikes of ours as living breathing beasties that need tlc so after reading this nip into your garage and look at it , stroke it and remember its individual just like you :) !.

·
5,934 Posts
Angus, I have to admit it, I've just stroked it
Careful, it might become an 1130. Benelli stroked the 900, & that's what they ended up with.:ele:

'course, it might just revert to an 900 again, when you put it back in the shed :rolling:

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just to keep all up to speed, in a bid to resolve the stalling issue, I've swapped the throttle bodies plus TPS for the ones that were on my original engine and it seems to run without stalling, which is great. Needs a remap though as I've popped a sort Titanium can on it, so fuelling is a wee bitty out.

Not only is the bike superb to ride, but I'm even enjoying working on it, never actually worked on the other bikes (apart from the Guzzi) so it's a bit of a learning curve, but really enjoying spannering the Benelli.

cheers, Fraser

1 - 19 of 19 Posts