Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Not been on here for ages (well not since whinging about all my problems get the bike registered and taxed anyway!). Thought I'd check in and see whats going on and let you know I've solved my problem of only being a short arse and got Nelli lowered yesterday. What a massive difference it has made. I know longer need to shit myself pulling up to lights or roundabouts. I took it to DRS in Hull and it was ready for me to ride away on within 4 hours.

Kate x

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hi guys,

Not been on here for ages (well not since whinging about all my problems get the bike registered and taxed anyway!). Thought I'd check in and see whats going on and let you know I've solved my problem of only being a short arse and got Nelli lowered yesterday. What a massive difference it has made. I know longer need to shit myself pulling up to lights or roundabouts. I took it to DRS in Hull and it was ready for me to ride away on within 4 hours.

Kate x
Kate.
I would have thought that shitting yourself as you approach the lights would be the last thing you'd want to do, as it would have the effect of raising you up on the seat, thus making it more difficult for your foot to reach the ground;). Have you tried not shitting yourself? :rolling:
Ian
(All said in the best possible taste - Kenny Everett, 1982)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
.... Have you tried not shitting yourself? :rolling:
Ian
:rolling: :rolling: I just love the humour on this forum. :rolling: :rolling:

Now I have stopped laughing, Kate can you post some pics of the mods carried out please. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not entirely sure what they did to the bike but they lowered the front forks through a bit and something about 'linkages'. Sorry but being female I did the usual in one ear out the other when it comes to technical stuff! :doh: Not that it makes any difference to the height but they also shortened the side stand cos after the alterations there was even less lean on it. They gave me 45mm in total which has made a huge difference.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
How exactly did they alter the sidef stand ??

Can you post a piccie please?
(I cant fathom how they would alter it ?? :confused: ??)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Ive just come in from looking at mine and thought that very same thing ,chopped off one end and welded back on or bent it to take into account lean req'd and then weld strengthened.

·
5,928 Posts
How exactly did they alter the side stand ??
Can you post a piccie please?
(I cant fathom how they would alter it ?? :confused: ??)
Have a look here
The side-stand is cast alloy. You don't want to bend it or weld it, both of which will end up in it breaking. You can cut it, but then you'll have a tiny footprint that will sink into everything but concrete.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
They gave me 45mm in total
There has got to be a joke in there somewhere Kate :rolling:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is my bike gonna be on the floor when I go in the garage then?! Oh shit. It definately looks as though its been welded at some point but like I say its technical stuff. I just asked the man to lower it for me.

No jokes about the 45mm either boys please. :eek:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts