Benelli Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where Has Neutral Gone?????

Hi guys,
I have the same problem as BigBadAl did, finding it impossible to get it into neutral. What is the mod or what can I do to fix the problem???

·
1,228 Posts
Recall

Its a warranty fix mate. The gearing that extends out of the case is an incorrect length and needs changing. A simple fix and a whole lot better.
john

·
5,896 Posts
Where's neutral?

Louis, mine was getting harder and harder to engage neutral, even when rolling.

What I discovered, was that the clutch cable length was getting longer! Yep, the clutch wasn't disengaging as much as before, because the cable was slowly un-adjusting itself. The lock nut was loose.

I had never touched the lock nut, so I can only assume that it was never tightened at the factory, or by the dealer during the pre-delivery check.

Solution was simple, tightened up the cable so that the clutch disengaged sooner, and bingo, I could find neutral again. Sometimes even at a standstill, mostly when I rock her a bit, and always when coasting to a stop.

Hope yours is as simple to fix.

·
On Everybody's Buddy List
19 Posts
Re:-
"Its a warranty fix mate. The gearing that extends out of the case is an incorrect length and needs changing. A simple fix and a whole lot better.
john"

Is it a recall John or will it only be fixed at no charge if still under warranty ?
If it is a recall, is there a list of engine numbers that are still to be fixed.

·
AndrewT
41 Posts
The Neutral Problem

Morning All,
I have recently purchased a Tornado in december, the dealer replaced clutch items at my request and as advised by importers records.
Are there other recall items that he cold have missed ie neutral problems; and
the clocks these are not brilliant a tad erratic.
Does the tacho work.
I havent had a good ride out yet but it appears that the problems I read about doe exist.

AndrewT

·
1,228 Posts
Fault

The difficulty shifting into neutral is a known problem to the factory. They, or one of their contracters, have manufactured a different spline drive that the dealers will, at no cost to the owner, install which rectifies the problem. Wether they term it as a recall or a warranty fix is irrellevant to me. It got fixed and it cost me zero is what I wanted to know.

John

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Both earlier Tornado engines had this

The new RS engine I have slips into neutral real easy:bow:

·
Registered
189 Posts
neutral problems???

Yeah you're right TaxTre. My new engine has also NO problemo with finding neutral. Even when I'am standing still it's really going smooth. :ele: :ele:

So in my opinion the one and only solution is: ask for a new engine in Pesaro like TaxTre and I did:rolling: :rolling:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Yeah you're right TaxTre. My new engine has also NO problemo with finding neutral. Even when I'am standing still it's really going smooth. :ele: :ele:

So in my opinion the one and only solution is: ask for a new engine in Pesaro like TaxTre and I did:rolling: :rolling:

I must have had an old stock one when they replaced mine in October 2005 then. I still have the problem, but it is workable!

I Love this bike - it's even coming out of the garage tomorrow if the weather forecast is true!

Andy:clap:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Neutral !

I have an 2005 Tornado Tre - and in April last year I had a gearbox problem selecting downshifts
After several attempts by a dealer to fix this (it did work every time for around 50 odd miles - then I had problems downshifting again continuous till it went back in to be fixed again) - I could find neutral pretty easy even at standstill
Because they couldnt fix the problem long term, Benelli have sent a new gearbox and that has been fitted - but Neutral now is an absoloute no-no. Not at a standstill and very tricky rolling along !!

Do you think that Benelli would have sent me a new gearbox without the mod done to it ??

·
224 Posts
As the shop that did the tranny R&R to give you the box of left over small parts that they didnt know were to put in the bike...the fix to your problem is there in the box of left over bits..............:rolling: :bawl:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
No can do

Thanks for that - unfortunatley, as it is a warranty repair - the old faulty gearbox has probably been sent back to Benelli now :(

I was kinda thinking the same, but the dealer who did the work arent that used to working on Benellis - and are probably not the most helpful

I think I know where I gonna take it next time for servicing tho - they have been well recommended and even known to slap the odd post on here !!! ;)

Cheers

Kurt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts