Benelli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any dealings with the neutral switch?:confused:

I need to remove it so that I can pull out the gearbox, but can't find a way of getting to the hex head, past the plastic gizmo holding the switch wire, on the back. Is this black plastic bit rigidly connected to the switch body, or does it disconnect to allow access to the hex head?

Apparently the gearbox can be removed without damaging the switch if it is in 4th gear, but I would really like to be able to remove the switch just in case.

·
Registered
113 Posts
neutral switch

Hi Engenia our techs have removed quite a few gearboxes on the tornado and the tnt, If put in fourth gear you will have no problems, Remember to put three bond on the gearbox cover mounting plate on re-fitting(BUT NOT OVER OIL FEED TO GEARBOX) see manual for details. Hope this helps :)

·
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dodgy, I was more worried about putting the gearbox back in. If not lined up properly, the switch would be toast.
I did manage to remove the switch - it needs a 13mm A/F deep socket. It is quite sticky though. It often stays connected when I select 1st, and eventually rattles itself free. It's also been 'doctored' to suit Benelli's needs. The black cover is a definite afterthought.
(The good news is, the gearbox is fine. The metal particles in my oil are not coming from it, or the clutch basket gears.)

·
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey jpw. No, I wasn't that keen to do it at all. I put it off for 1000km, until I took another oil sample. Something inside the engine / gearbox is grinding itself away, & I'd prefer to find it & fix it before it lunches itself.:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts