Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the info from the working shop manual about the neutral switch - 11720.3 F.M.D.I. Mine was not working when I picked up from the shop. It will cut engine when side stand is down. Get the stand up and press the clutch lever is the only way to start the engine.

Info about locating it is too vague for me. Any help?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Switch

Does this mean that when your stand is down and the bike is in gear and you release the clutch the bike does not stall (stop)???

If it does the switch is working well (as it should) it is a safety feature.

If it doesn't then you need to check the switch or the contact switch in the clutch lever assembly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Switch

No, the safety feature works to good. That means with motor at idle in Neutral, loweing the side stand will cut the engine.

The clutch lever sensor works fine, motor will only start with clutch lever pulled as it is not registering it is in Neutral when in Neutral.

The N light on the display is showing at start (always have to be on the bike, side stand up and clutch leverpulled), than it is disappearing even if still in Neutral. That makes me think it is the Neutral Switch.

In the workshop book it says it is located on the left of the gearbox behind the motor, in a photo below is indicated to be on the side stand assembly. The switch on the side stand is working good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
switch

One of the dealers who replced my shattered clutch basket accidently damaged a neutral position indicator switch which fits like a spark plug at the back of the engine near the shock.

It was really a PITA to get to, (a bit like trying to get the LHS spark plug out) the mechanic had to get a socket ground down so it would fit in there.

Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Switch

On my TNT first thing in the morning my neutral light stays on even after selecting 1st, soon as I select 2nd it goes out then its fine for the rest of the day, got use to it now but I have to be careful as it will allow me to select 1st with the side stand down :eek ............. the hassle of probably having the bike of the road for ??????????????????weeks >: has made me put up with it.
vtxbrit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
neutral switch

Most chances that this happened while the mechanic was dismantling the new bike to compare it against the other one, both having dry clutches.

I discovered the location is just at impossible reach. I imagine a special tool needs to be used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts