Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have joined the club and can now call myself a proud Benelli owner:clap:
I drove down to Coffs Harbour dealer from Brisbane(400 plus klms) during my week off for a test ride(monday), did the deal there and then and received my new bike yesterday(thursday) back in Brisbane.

I did about 60 klms riding it home and could not get the grin off my face, absolutely beautiful to ride,turns so easily and comes with an awesome soundtrack!!!! The amount of looks I got was unbelieveable, a guy on a new CBR 1000 almost ran off the road while he was gawking at it. I think it is the first 899 in Qld because the Transport Dept didn't even have a listing for one and had to create a profile for it in their database(took them over an hour to get it sorted:mad: ) Can't wait to get a few kays on the clock so I can explore the rev range further once it is properly run in.

I am very impressed with the quality and finish of the bike so far, much better than I antipated from Benelli and even better than my last Honda. The colour and paint finish is very nice, a metallic, almost pearl orange that is much better in the flesh than the photos and brochures I have seen.

Will try and post a few photos on the weekend.

Cheers

Troy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome to the Benelli lifestyle. That big grin is still evident on my face 2 years down the track.:clap: Just did a trackday at Oran Park in Sydney and she ran sweet all day in 30 degc plus temps. Should handle Queensland temps ok. Must be hard for the European members when in Australia you can ride all year.:rolling:
Cheers Mike.

·
349 Posts
Yes it is a pain for us in Europe but we learn to adapt.As i have got older i just keep bying better quality clothing and now the wife and i have Gerbing heated jackets and gloves and wiring plugs on all 3 bikes.Every year i do about 3000 miles in the car which really is mainly December and January sheltered in the car!.We have been known to go visiting friends on Xmas day on the bike if the sun shines!.And dont forget we tend to do all our mods and maintenance over Christmas period.
Zebo:)

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Welcome

Hi guys,

I have joined the club and can now call myself a proud Benelli owner:clap:
I drove down to Coffs Harbour dealer from Brisbane(400 plus klms) during my week off for a test ride(monday), did the deal there and then and received my new bike yesterday(thursday) back in Brisbane.

I did about 60 klms riding it home and could not get the grin off my face, absolutely beautiful to ride,turns so easily and comes with an awesome soundtrack!!!! The amount of looks I got was unbelieveable, a guy on a new CBR 1000 almost ran off the road while he was gawking at it. I think it is the first 899 in Qld because the Transport Dept didn't even have a listing for one and had to create a profile for it in their database(took them over an hour to get it sorted:mad: ) Can't wait to get a few kays on the clock so I can explore the rev range further once it is properly run in.

I am very impressed with the quality and finish of the bike so far, much better than I antipated from Benelli and even better than my last Honda. The colour and paint finish is very nice, a metallic, almost pearl orange that is much better in the flesh than the photos and brochures I have seen.

Will try and post a few photos on the weekend.

Cheers

Troy
Welcome Troy.

I live in Sydney and have had a green and silver Tre since 2003. If you ever come into Sydney, let's meet up.

Cheers

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Let's meet up

Welcome to the Benelli lifestyle. That big grin is still evident on my face 2 years down the track.:clap: Just did a trackday at Oran Park in Sydney and she ran sweet all day in 30 degc plus temps. Should handle Queensland temps ok. Must be hard for the European members when in Australia you can ride all year.:rolling:
Cheers Mike.

Hi Mike,

Which part of Sydney are you in?

We should try and catch up.

Please send me a PM with your contact details.

Cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, :bow:

The photo's are awaiting approval so they should be up soon.
It would be great to meet up with some fellow Benelli owners, perhaps a National Benelli Day is needed once a year to get us all together!!!!!:rolling:

Not too sure how many QLD Benelli owners are on the forum, if you are out there say hello and we will have to organise a meet up locally sometime and talk about all things Benelli.:clap:

Cheers

Troy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gday
How did you find the service in Coffs I am heading down there on saturday to test ride a Cafe Racer and Place my order for a Cafe Racer or Sport. I wont get it till early next year though as I will be over seas with work.:doh:
O yeah Im in brissy to

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Photo's are now up.

Hey there Phantom,

Yes they were good to deal with, I test rode their 07 sport and they said go as far as you want. They have a CR on the floor as well as a Tornado and Trek also, you may even get the CR a bit cheaper because he was willing to do a deal with me if I was interested.

How long have you wanted a Benelli? It would be good to have a few more Brisbane owners:clap: , keep in touch.

Regards

Troy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry Guys, have been a bit busy lately, mostly with work:doh: . I have only put about 500 klms on the bike in the past few weeks but I am itching to get some decent kays up in the coming weeks.
I am still really impressed with the bike, no problems so far and every ride delivers a big grin:D . The sound that it produces is truly magical - Thank you Benelli :bow: I don't think I could ever own anything else that wasnt a triple!!(well a V5 perhaps:p )

Originally I was not too keen on the instrument cluster,(it seemed a bit minimalistic compared to other bikes) but i have grown to quite like the concept now, more of a racebike sort of look, and a talking point with anyone who has a closer inspection of the bike.

I have a few upgrades in the pipeline, a Scorpio alarm, rear seat cowl, rear shock and a battery maintenance charger connection. I also hope to get a new link pipe made up without a cat converter(strictly for circuit use only of course!:rolling: ) to liberate a bit more aural pleasure.

Thats all for now, will keep you posted.

Cheers Troy

P.S. For any Brisbane riders out there, The Annual MRA Toy Run is on the 7th Dec leaving from Nudgee College at 10 am. Come and say hello if you attend.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry Guys, have been a bit busy lately, mostly with work:doh: . I have only put about 500 klms on the bike in the past few weeks but I am itching to get some decent kays up in the coming weeks.
I am still really impressed with the bike, no problems so far and every ride delivers a big grin:D . The sound that it produces is truly magical - Thank you Benelli :bow: I don't think I could ever own anything else that wasnt a triple!!(well a V5 perhaps:p )

Originally I was not too keen on the instrument cluster,(it seemed a bit minimalistic compared to other bikes) but i have grown to quite like the concept now, more of a racebike sort of look, and a talking point with anyone who has a closer inspection of the bike.

I have a few upgrades in the pipeline, a Scorpio alarm, rear seat cowl, rear shock and a battery maintenance charger connection. I also hope to get a new link pipe made up without a cat converter(strictly for circuit use only of course!:rolling: ) to liberate a bit more aural pleasure.

Thats all for now, will keep you posted.

Cheers Troy

P.S. For any Brisbane riders out there, The Annual MRA Toy Run is on the 7th Dec leaving from Nudgee College at 10 am. Come and say hello if you attend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts