Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it must be the time of the year but I too am thinking seriously about a new Tornado. I am wondering if the ones in dealers show rooms now are actually new off the production line or have been sitting around in stock for a couple of years. Research suggests that problems are now sorted - I am wary however having a heard all the stories 3 or 4 years ago. ... Then again if a two year warranty is on offer so I guess Benelli must be pretty confident.

Like most people posting to this site I like bikes with character and despite having Ducatis for years, a spell with BMWs the lure of an Italian triple is pretty strong. Don't mind quirks but it does need to be reliable.

Anyway - any thoughts and advice would be appreciated. Mike

·
Registered
380 Posts
As long as you have proper warranty what have you to worry about.
It will get sorted. If you get the bike from say Bennets up North, then you shall have little to worry about. I am new to Benelli but have had warranty and good support from our club , Russ at Bennets and Benelli. What more do you need.

Welcome to our Brotherhood
:hero: :hero: :hero:

·
5,931 Posts
- any thoughts and advice would be appreciated. Mike
Hey Mike, at the risk of repeating myself (a thousand times) I've tried to document everything that can go wrong with a 900, and what you can do to prevent it, on my website, at http://www.mso.anu.edu.au/~ekowald
I started it for my own reference, but many have found it beneficial.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Mike,

First of all, welcome to the Forum.

The original 900 TRE's stopped production around 2004 and the RS model shortly after so although it may be a new registered bike, it will have been a while since it left the factory.

However, as the other guys have already said as long as you are getting it from an authourised Benelli dealer (Bennetts and KJM are highly recommended) the known upgrades will have been done and you will also have the 24 month warranty to fall back on.

Engenia's website is a great source of reference but don't take it the wrong way, there are loads of guys on the forum that have had next to nothing go wrong with their Tornado's, other than the 'quirky' stuff which is easy to live with.

·
903 Posts
:hiya: Mike and wecome to the forum.

I second what Laurence has already mentioned, although you Tornado will not be brand new as most Tornado's for sale where built in 2004 - 2005 but it will have all the necessary modifications done and will have the benefit of the two year warranty. In my experience if you have the bike reguarly serviced Benelli (KJM the importers) will mostly honour warranty out of this period.

Benelli are trying really hard to become a real alternaitive to the run of the mill plastic rockets, you will not regret buying one especially as brand new they are only £6849.00 on the road!!!

Should you have any problems or queries someone here on the forum WILL know the answer. Go buy and enjoy my friend!!

PS Only the green and silver is acceptable though!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well I think any combination of silver/black/red does it for me...also don't think they made them as late as 2005, but as they were probably sat in a crate anyway, waiting for some love, doesn't really matter.:ele:

·
1,231 Posts
colours

Look guys, we go over this all the time. Clinically proven that green silver combo is fater and less repairs. The red absorbs 640 nonmeter wavlengths of light which in turn cause it to be heavier. Whereas the shiny green/silver combo tens to reflect all light running cooler and essentially supercharging teh air around it. Now that supercharged air has to go somewhere and since the intakes are in the front it gets scooped into the engine and voila...instant supercharged inline three!!!

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and what about the grey and back ones then? I reckon this would result in extra cooling (as if we need it in Scotland) .. which is bound to lead to increased power!?

Anyway - going to look at one tomorrow - Green and Silver I understand ...

This is far more complex than buying a Ducati which only run if they are red - proven by me when I bought a blue 860GTS - best forgotten.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
hmmmm, green and silver, eh. I hope you are taking your wallet then :clap:

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
My green/silver 900 was manufactured in 2005. I think the non-LE US models were all manufactured in 2005 (there aren't many of them here - fewer than 20 I believe).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts