Benelli Forum banner

New 900 Tornado

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Laurencewhite 
#1 ·
Anyone bought a new Tornado 903 in the UK recently? I understand the bikes in dealers at the moment have all the problems sorted but have yet to hear that from anyone who has actually bought one in the last few months. I am almost convinced to take the plunge (and have been since I joined the forum around christmas) but the weather in Scotland is getting warmer so I'll have to make up my mind soon! M

#2 ·
but the weather in Scotland is getting warmer
Yeah right, It's only around -3 degrees now!!! :rolling:

Go for it M, especially if you are buying new as you always have the 24 Month warranty to fall back on if you ever need it. The truth is if you bought a new TRE from an official dealer in the last 2 or 3 years, all the known faults would have been attended to before you get your hands on it anyway :clap:

#4 ·
Hello grayVTWIN and welcome to the forum.

I agree with Laurence 100%.:D I bought a new 903 in October and the 24 months warranty certainly does give me peace of mind, so go for it. :)

You can get one on 0% finance as well at the moment from official dealers. I think the nearest (only) offical dealer for Scotland is "Border Bikes" www.borderbikes.com . Don't know what they are like but haven't heard anything bad either. I'll be taking mine to "Rusty Russ" of Bennetts Motorcycles in Yorkshire for it's next service. :)

Please note that the Green & Silver one's are by far the sexiest AND fastest. :rolling:

#5 ·
Thanks. I know BorderBikes well and have bought my last 3 bikes from them - so that is where I will buy from anyway. Almost made up my mind .. fancy a black and silver one but I don't think there are any left! Only stalling because I have just heard of a low milage MV coming on the market in Glasgow so am going to look at that first. I suspect it will be even more cramped than the nelli which would not suit my geriatric back .. last road bike I had was a BMW after years on Ducatis but it did nothing for me. I think the Tornado will be the answer. M

#6 ·
grayVTWIN,

For what it's worth - I'm just under 6' 5'' and have ridden various MV's and
until recently :bawl: owned a Tornado RS.

I don't (Thank God!) have a bad back but can assure you that the Benelli is a far more comfortable bike than the MV F4 range and would put a lot less stress on your back and wrists - especially when ridden in town or at lower speeds. :(

The last MV I rode for any distance - The '312' was great when 'giving it the beans'. But I had to strain my neck just to look up, at lower speeds!

The MV is a fast, beautiful and exotic bike - Sure the Benelli isn't quite as quick; But ticks all the boxes, costs less AND comes with the best member's forum F.O.C. ;)

Hope this helps and good luck choosing your machine.
Surely 'A win win' situation!

Regards
Stephen R

#7 ·
Well folks - the deed is done. I have just ordered a Tornado. One of the exceptionally fast green ones!:clap:

Off on holiday on tuesday but will pick her up in a couple of weeks.

Michael

#8 ·
Well done Michael.. :clap:

Haha... Glad ya got one of the very fast Green & Silver ones.... :D

Did you get it from Border Bikes? Do you live near there?

#9 ·
Yes, I got it from BorderBikes - I think they sold another one while I was in this pm. I have known Andy, who owns the place , for years. Really decent people and proper bike enthusiasts.

Roll on the decent weather!. M

#10 ·
Good for you Michael :clap: and I bet it's gonna feel like a very loooooooooooong holiday into the bargain. What a result!!!! :ele: .........and the BEST colour too!!!!:bow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.