Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone.
Just bought a 2005 Yellow Tornado RS.
Don't know if it is the right thing but I cannot keep away from Italian Bikes. Bikes owned include Moto Guzzi 1000s Ducati 750 ss Ducati 888strada Ducati 749s Honda vtr 1000 sp1 Yamaha R1 2000 MODEL Yamaha R1 2004 MODEL which I have just sold to fund the Tornado.

Engine is typical Italian sounds like a bag of spanners at tick over but as I have read biking is a passion and the
Italians certainly have that. Only road the 130 miles home on it through south wales herefordshire worcestershire and shropshire,which was excellent and really made me smile. I feel as though the standard dunlops are a little lacking so just ordered a set of my favourite Pirelli Diablo's.I am really looking forward to getting some miles under my belt. ANYTHING I NEED TO CHECK OR KNOW HEY GUYS????????????????REGARDS ROB:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dammit, another Tornado owner:evil That's the last thing we need. I hope that your happy Rob seeing as your purchase is just slowly but surely eeking away at the 'eliteness' of the rest of us owning one>:

Welcome to the club buddy;)

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome

And from a good ole US guy welcome to the club. You may need to see a plastic surgeon to get that smile off your face.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tank protector

Read down a few posts. Get yourself a tank protector for that beauty. One of the guys bought 20 of them so I would think he may have one for you to buy. They look the kitty!!! Or lick the kitty....I'm not sure which one they do but they do one of those two.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welcome aboard rob, i'm sure you will get all the excitment & pleasure out of the tre as the rest of us do !
gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RS

Eeey Ooop fella

Welcome aboard.....did toy with the idea of getting a yellow one but punted for the red instead.

Did really want a green and silver one...til I found out that RSs don't come in that colour...bugger!

I now have 250 miles on the clock, alls well apart from a drained battery leaving me semi stranded. Note to self.....must do the battery to starter motor mod a.s.a.p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: RS

Hey rob,
delighted to hear someone else has a yellow RS as well (picking mine up from KJM this week coming)-i've got no yellow kit so will prob look like a fruit salad but when i saw it i thought WOW what a stunner!
Are you running in on the Dunlops or going straight to the Diablos? Would be keen to hear your comparisons btwn the 2 as i'm not a huge Dunlop fan though in fairness my 03 mille came with D208rrs and after giving them the benefit had to admit they weren't that bad. Just sold my GSXR1000K4 that i'd put Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs on & they were ace and previously had Diablos on my R1 which gave as secure a feeling as i reckon you'll get with an R1.
Keep us informed and post plenty pics.
Cheers, NJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just bought one

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe I kept hold of my VFR for so long. had the TRE 9 days and already booking the first service. I cant get the silly grin of my face. If the riding and owning isnt enough the head turning power is also awesome.unsure what to use on the can though for polish any recommendations?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: just bought one

Hi Rob,
Quick Q for you-how many carbon bits did you get on your RS?
Reason i ask is that mine has frt & rear fenders & heelplates but i got a boggo plastic chainguard!
Cheers, NJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
carbon

As far as i know we (RS owners) all got the placcy rear chain guard, although apparently you can buy a carbon one from the factory ;) , Hey even the new 1134 tornado doesnt get all the fruit like our do :b

1 - 13 of 13 Posts