Benelli Forum banner
61 - 80 of 109 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Now the painful stuff....

My clutch is still dismantled on the workshop.
Mechanic can't find the right springs to replace. So he gave me another provisional clutch he had on the rack. To install the used clutch, he also removed the roller bearings from my clutch and install them on the provisional one.
Unfortunately, after this job with the press, bearings are damaged and the big spacer (#16 in the pic) does not goes freely trough the bearings.....if I push it more than what's in the image, it stops rotating and it stucks....
I have to buy 2 new roller bearings and install them on the clutch....

I regret the moment I decided to fix the rattle clutch....

Font Auto part Slope Parallel Engineering

Automotive tire Locking hubs Tire Wheel Rim

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Camera lens Automotive design Rim

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I'll do it! Thank you. I'm also recharging the battery, since I read it's quite sensitive about voltage drops....

· Registered
127 Posts
Unfortunately, after this job with the press, bearings are damaged and the big spacer (#16 in the pic) does not goes freely trough the bearings.
I'm surprised that pressing bearings would change their diameter hence was looking for other reasons.
Just speculating actually have no experience with that matter!
Checking parts catalog for TNT 1130 and Tornado 1130 (for 900 is not published to my knowledge) I noted that this spacer has 2 different part numbers R300124047000 (Tornado) and R180224009000 (TNT)
I wonder if this issue could be related in case the spare basket was from a TNT?

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Checking parts catalog for TNT 1130 and Tornado 1130 (for 900 is not published to my knowledge) I noted that this spacer has 2 different part numbers R300124047000 (Tornado) and R180224009000 (TNT)
The part for the 900 RS should be the xxxxxx9000, according Your Benelli Superstore!.

I wonder if this issue could be related in case the spare basket was from a TNT?
There are 2 roller bearings (#14 in schematics) that have to be inserted. FYI, they are HK4016 size.
The outer one, in my clutch, is not damaged, so spacer goes trough...
The inner yes, only on the lip edge, not even visible, but with my finger tip I can feel it...and due that, the spacer is not even going in half millimeter if I push it on that side.
This is making me belive that problem is not the actual spacer size but the damaged bearing.

I think damage was only due to misuse of tools used to push-out / force-in the bearings.

6,067 Posts
If you re-route the small rad hose from the thermostat housing to the radiator cap, via the top frame rail, there will be an almost constant uphill gradient. No airlocks. With that, you will be able to fully fill the radiator with a bit of squeezing of the radiator-pump hose. The thermostat should have a small bleed hole, which will allow trapped air upstream of the t/stat to find its way to the radiator cap.
That is how Benelli should have done it in the first place.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I'll try to reroute the hose as instructed! Thankyou.

The thermostat should have a small bleed hole, which will allow trapped air upstream of the t/stat to find its way to the radiator cap.
Is this the hole you are talking about?

Automotive tire Liquid Rim Hood Automotive design

6,067 Posts
I'll try to reroute the hose as instructed! Thankyou.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Bumper Automotive exterior

In Nell, I didn't have to modify anything, but on Jane's RS, I had to distort the tail fairing front right bracket, but it was easily done. It all depends on how your panels & seat fit.
Is this the hole you are talking about?
yes. The T/stat should be installed with that hole at the highest point. (You probably can't do anything else)

· No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,478 Posts
Great thread btw👏👏 you’re going to have a properly sorted RS after all this👌

fred

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Here I am....
I got one new roller bearing -FYI is a HK4016- to replace on the provisional clutch. Toghether with the mechanic we replaced it and.....same result. Spacer gets stuck half way in. The problem is not the bearing itself but the bearing site. So that clutch assembly is not usable.
So he find out a third clutch basket (!) from the shelf to install on my bike, while he's searching the new sprag springs for my clutch....
Unfortunately this primary gear clutch suffered a damage from an alternator shaft loose. I had to work on all the teeth to remove the ruined part. Result is not optimum, but I believe will work...

Gear Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Engineering

Rectangle Grey Typesetting Wood Gas

Once done with this, I focused on the Marzocchi RAC 50...
I only wanted to refresh them changing the oil...
It's easyer to loose the cap when it's still installed on the bike...

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle handlebar Automotive design Bicycle part

Shoe Gas Sneakers Wood Engineering

Once opened, I find just below the cap the preload tube. It's strange, because according schematics, just below fork cap I should have foud the spring....

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Bicycle part

Here schematics...I have no clue on the previous maintenance, there were no singns on the forks caps -looks nobody touched them before- so I don't really know who is correct.
By the way, other leg was with the same sequence...
Maybe somebody who already opened can tell me if my forks are correct or instructions are -as I suspect- the master...

Font Elbow Parallel Drawing Diagram

Oil colour wasn't actually bad...

Fluid Gas Drill Machine Metal

Here the bottom screw...

Hand Cigar Fluid Wood Finger

New copper washers to replace...

Asphalt Jewellery Font Circle Metal

Interesting that bottom steel washers have a special rubber lip...when I noticed the new copper washers were already in place...

Body jewelry Finger Wood Thumb Jewellery

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Detail of the preload tube...
From top to bottom, the bush, the preload tube and the spring guide ring....Marzocchi nomenclature.
Bumper Tool Automotive exterior Gas Rectangle

Here the very special tools I used....

Gesture Finger Nickel Gas Metal

Liquid Gas Wood Auto part Drink

Marzocchi says to insert 630cc of oil (I used Motul 7,5) and check for "air volume". Here my tool to properly check the air volume...setted at 110mm.

Wood Engineering Gas Electrical wiring Wire

Having the doubt, I installed everithing like I found it....

Tire Automotive tire Finger Gas Engineering

..and closed with the 19mm spanner...

Bicycle part Gas Cylinder Camera accessory Engineering

Waiting to know from anyone of you if the forks are correctly mounted, I got new Metzeler M9RR on the rims....

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

Helmet Automotive tire Tread Automotive design Sports gear

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Fiamm 5452 fuel filter to replace. Ducati part as per Engenia suggestion...Grazie!

Automotive tire Finger Gas Rim Automotive wheel system

I could not manage to remove the fuel pipe from fuel pump body under the tank. I don't have the original part and I bought one of those "fuel pipes release tool" kits.....useless (or maybe it's me...). No succes. Even more sad, during attempts I broke the black clamps to releas the hose. Oh s**t.

Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Rim

So....I simply removed the tank leaving the fuel pump connected to the hose on the bike.

Gesture Finger Thumb Wrist Nail

"Scary" fuel tank internals....

Eye Gas Automotive tire Rim Auto part

Old fuel filter....If I'll have time, out of curiosity, I'll split in two to actually see how much clogged was....

Gesture Wood Nail Tints and shades Automotive tire

Filter replaced. The fixing top clamp is anyway quite annoing to close again...Ground wire connected!

Fluid Automotive tire Gas Electrical wiring Auto part

Home made tuneecu cable is working. I got connected immediately via BT and OBDLx on my Android mobile. Now, waiting for Lonelec cable to arrive and to connect vis PC...

Speedometer Odometer Gauge Trip computer Tachometer

Is it normal that the demo Android version does not recognise vehicle VIN?

Font Screenshot Rectangle Technology Multimedia

Next, Close the clutch and carter.....I can't wait to hear her sound.....

· Registered
127 Posts
primary gear clutch suffered a damage from an alternator shaft loose. I had to work on all the teeth to remove the ruined part. Result is not optimum, but I believe will work...
Marco,
you are safe, it will work, I asked a mechanical engineer responsible for gear wheel manufacturing. It's just a cosmetic issue and will have no negative impact on function

· Registered
1,113 Posts
Those steel rings with the rubber lip(seal) are quite commonly calle dowty washers. My forks were like that with the spacers but are the basic tre k ones. The clutch gear will be fine just make sure all the burrs are removed.

· Registered
127 Posts
tried quickly to connect with Tuneecu with OBDLink LX Bluetooth dongle via PC
connected immediately via BT and OBDLx on my Android mobile. Now, waiting for Lonelec cable to arrive and to connect vis PC..
If I remember correctly, BT on PC requires a "virtual COM port" to be configured.
Likely a different setting in "virtual COM port" would solve your issue, but with a cable you will be on safe side for map updates too.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Marco,
you are safe, it will work, I asked a mechanical engineer responsible for gear wheel manufacturing. It's just a cosmetic issue and will have no negative impact on function
Thank you Michael, nice! So I installed the clutch and the clutch cover....

Light Automotive tire Gear Crankset Bicycle part

I appreciate your support!

61 - 80 of 109 Posts