Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I gave my bike a good clean yesterday morning so that she'd be looking her best when the guys from KJM arrived to pick her up and by 4pm my shiny Tornado was sitting in the back of the van and an even shinier new Tornado was sat in my Garage. :D

After giving it the once over I thought that I'd fire her up....as you do.

I don't know about you, but I always feel a little bit special when I start a brand new bike for the first time, anyways I turn the key and watch when the clocks run through the usual diagnostic 'sweep' but then imagine my horror when I see 445 appearing on the display. Now I know it's usual to have a few delivery miles on a new bike, but 445, c'mon, you must be having a laugh :mad:

So there I am, mentally preparing my letter of complaint to the boys at KJM when I turn her on again to take a note of the exact mileage.

HOLY SHIT, it bloody reads 447 now!!! How can a bike travel a couple of miles when I haven't even started the engine yet :mad: At this rate she'll be run-in before I even take her out for the first time!!!!

I then started to think that the bike maybe has a set of the original rev A dash, y'know, the ones that had a reputation for displaying all sorts of funny things...... then something else caught my eye.... a couple of small black dots appeared between the first and second numbers and they started to flash off and on.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Can you tell what it is yet?........Yip, I'm staring at the bloody clock :eek:

A couple of button clicks later and the dash is now showing '1' solitary mile :clap:

Many thanks KJM...... I hadn't doubted you for a minute :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Mr W - Not wishin to take the pi$$ out of you here - but maybe if you fit a sundial that would help you figure out which was the time and which was the mileage !!:rolling:

It comes to us all at some point I guess !!!!:rolling: :doh:

·
Registered
864 Posts
I would still write a letter of complaint Laurence.. what a disgrace! it was 3:47 not 4:47..... they did not have the foresight to put the clock back for you last weekend :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, many thanks for your $hit..... Oooopps sorry, I meant wit. :rolling:

I had completely forgot that you can set the dash to show a clock instead of the mileometer at startup :doh:

·
Waiting for the AA
54 Posts
check it has got the later set of clocks mate.

Mine was new in Nov last year and still has the A rev clocks on it :doh:

Must get it sorted before the warranty runs out

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Congratulations on your new arrival laurence and hope its mileage rises when the good weather arrives or are you venturing out on it soon,I'm up in Duns Monday not far from you and hopefully will get to press my face against Border Bikes window. Just started mine up tonight and should of seen the trick or treaters run ....:rolling: .

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Laurence congrats on the new ride.
Now for some rideable weather.

·
Registered
885 Posts
whats the deal on the clocks? mines have always been a bit on the tempremental side but now the button on switchgear doesnt seem to make anything happen at all! is it possible to have them replaced under warranty or have i missed the boat on that one? I didnt mind at first bit its been bugging me more and more as time goes by

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Drew, the original clocks (Rev. A) seemed to play up quite a bit and if you have these fitted to your bike, and it is still within warranty, you should be able to get them changed for a new set.
You can tell if you have the latest set, as the display changes when you 'release' the button (i.e. not when you press it in). Mind you, you may have a problem checking this if yours are not reacting to the button at all. :(

Nathan,

I changed my last TRE when it was only 18 Months old so I'm well overdue a new bike again. ;) I have heard that there is a nasty World phenomenon coming along called 'the credit crunch' and I thought that I'd better get in there before it hits these shores :rolling:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bloody hell Lawrence dont do that to me!!!!!!!!!

As you know I've ben off for the last nine days and I started to read your post and my backside started twitching...............then I read on and I'm just about controlling myself.:rolling: :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
my backside started twitching
Nah, you are out of luck mate.........I'm not that way inclined :rolling:

The new bike feels GREAT Andy. Many thanks for all your help and please pass on my regards to Glen for doing a great job preping her.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Nah, you are out of luck mate.........I'm not that way inclined :rolling:
So.... The rumours are not true then Laurence.... :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheeky basket ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts