Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up my new cafe racer and she is lovely. we are currently bonding in the garage over a pup of tea. Anyway i am just checking throught the stuff that came with her like tool kit and back seat and i have this little bag with a rectangle of metal about 60 mm long. it has 1 countersunk hole in each corner and is creased down the centre of its length. There are 4 little bolts for it to.

Whats that for then?

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
You should offer a reward for the answer to this as Motogb the importers dont even know:doh:

I picked up my 899s today and i got that bit aswell and the dealer phoned motogb, and no joy:rolleyes:

Only thing i can think of is its some mod for the number plate in some countries

·
Registered
113 Posts
mystery part

This is a rear reflector extension bracket for non uk market plates (deeper plate) these always come with the bike to cover all countries, Nice to see Benelli thinking about all fitment of number plates :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks dodgybollox.

Are you ready for my next question?

When you turn on the ignition is it right that the oil light comes on and the word OIL flashes in disconcertainingly large writing on the display? Goes off once i start but i just want to check that its right.

Cheers for your help man. Am going of now for a spin up to Devils Bridge, dried up a bit today so i can finally scrub in my tires.

·
Registered
73 Posts
YEA OIL WORD COMES ON AND FLASHES:D THATS A GOOD SIGN.............. BUT CHECK UR OIL LEVEL IN THE WINDOW BEFORE U RIDE THOU............
OH AND KEEP AN EYE OUT ON THE WATER LEVEL, COVER OFF EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.......

MOTOGB :doh: :doh: :doh:

RING RUSTY RUSS UP AT BENNETS IN BARNSLEY FOR ANY INFO, HE'S THE MAN:D :D :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts