Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi thanks. Definitely test ride 1st. I looked at two and both owners said they suffered from the Euro Tuning syndrome. Its an emission and fuel conservation thing. My bike has the exhaust restrictor removed and the ECU re-mapped. So a bit more power and runs really nicely at all speeds inc slower town riding. I test rode a Tuono before this bike and the Aprillia was horrible at low speed. Very jerky. Was told "all European bikes are like that now". I have a mate with a newish speed triple and thats also horrible at lower speeds. I love the TNT and its probably one of the most comfortable bikes to ride I have owned. Great power and huge torque for pulling out of corners. Has a massive grin factor. Only (and its slight) criticism would be a slightly heavy clutch lever. I don't know if that's unique to the hydraulic clutch R model or not. Also although probably fine, the side stand doesn't inspire me with confidence. Just feels like it leans over a bit more than my other bikes. Could be just my own paranoia though. Good luck with getting one. If its tuned properly you wont regret it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have ridden an MV 1090. And the Benelli is more forgiving. Snap the throttle open on the MV an it tries to kill you (at least the one I rode did). The Benelli seems just as fast or faster but more refined. The guy I bought the bike off had two MVs a 1090 Brutali and an 800 triple. He said he would normally pick the TNT for a ride. And he had 10 bikes to pick from :)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
My side stand bolt kind of “exploded” … that’s the sound it made as I was next to it !!
luckily I was the cushion against the garage floor .hmm .
Errol is correct there is a bigger bolt that fixes that issue. But you need to tap out the side stand bracket.
I think Ian has a couple of these bolts left .

·
Registered
7 Posts
My side stand bolt kind of “exploded” … that’s the sound it made as I was next to it !!
luckily I was the cushion against the garage floor .hmm .
Errol is correct there is a bigger bolt that fixes that issue. But you need to tap out the side stand bracket.
I think Ian has a couple of these bolts left .
Lol. Luck or unlucky for you. I know I’d take a few lumps to save my bikes. Kids not allowed in garage lol. I’m hoping that all these “quirks” would be sorted by now. It’s a 07 tnt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts