Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the factory is shut I have a feeling my TNT is going to take more than a couple of weeks to get fixed :mad: :mad:
In a moment of madness (and a lifetime of moaning from my lovely wife :bawl: ) I have just purchased a 2007 Aprilia Tuono from a mate who's stupidly worked out how to breed and is now paying the price......... its in lovely blue/white complete with lots of extras.
Thinking about it if I also purchased a Moto Morini I could then own up to having the 3 most unreliable bikes made :doh:

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
The Tuono is unreliable???? One of my buddies has one and he's never had a problem at all. And I have over 35,000 trouble-free miles on my 2000 Aprilia Mille-R, which has the same engine that's in the Tuono.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
In All the three milles using same engine as tuono's i owned i only know a low charge battery to put undue strain on the sprag clutch(happened on one) and apart from that found them totally reliable. i know someone with a blue one and its nice and wheelie friendly:D .

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Tuono is unreliable???? One of my buddies has one and he's never had a problem at all. And I have over 35,000 trouble-free miles on my 2000 Aprilia Mille-R, which has the same engine that's in the Tuono.

Took my 07 Tuono r out for a 1st ride last saturday great fun to ride more comfortable than the TNT handles really well (in fact really,really well) lots of grunt, but not ear to ear grinning, and arm wrenching like my TNT :D ........ looking forward to getting my TNT back not sure when that is yet :(

Hey Mark guess what!!!!!!!! I did 245 miles on the saturday, after about 80 miles the speedo stopped working and now stays at 0mph (Dealer needs to investigate) also I could smell a fishy plastic burning type smell but couldn't find where it was coming from, so I popped onto the Aprilia forum.......Guess what, apparently there is common fault with a brown connector somewhere behind the coolant bottle which connects the alternator to the battery.
This connector apparently melts until the wires fall out and then the bike stops, some posts even mention seeing dripping molten plastic on the engine.......another potential problem to investigate.....like I said more Italian reliability ;) :p

still think it's a superb bike though :D

Terry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts