Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YAYYY bought me another bike for winter :) Just got a BMW 1150gs adventure. Its a bit daunting at first. Im 6'2" and on tip toes when sat on it. As soon as your moving though the bulk is lost and im hustling it around town easy now :ele: Its gotta be the smoothest bike Ive ever ridden. No vibes like I thought just a muted thump thump, loads of torque too. Missing the Nelli though.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I think you`ll find you can adjust the seat in 2 positions.
Tried one of those that a mate owned and you get used to it really quickly.
Great if you want to do mile after mile but not for me....................yet :rolling:

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
I love my GS ('06 R1200), know what you mean about the height - I'm 5'11" and even with the seat in the lower position I'm on my toes when stopped. But the thing handles so nicely once you're moving it doesn't matter. I just did 1100 miles over 2 days on back roads, fantastic. I found some roads I'd never been on before and now have a couple of new favorites, too bad it takes 300 miles to get to them from my house....
BTW For '09 BMW has a version of the GS with a shorter frame. I sat on one at Laguna Seca in July and it felt so much better for my height. I'm tempted to trade in for one.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love my GS ('06 R1200), know what you mean about the height - I'm 5'11" and even with the seat in the lower position I'm on my toes when stopped. But the thing handles so nicely once you're moving it doesn't matter. I just did 1100 miles over 2 days on back roads, fantastic. I found some roads I'd never been on before and now have a couple of new favorites, too bad it takes 300 miles to get to them from my house....
BTW For '09 BMW has a version of the GS with a shorter frame. I sat on one at Laguna Seca in July and it felt so much better for my height. I'm tempted to trade in for one.
I was tempted by the new ones but hear there are reliability issues. Dont fancy that can bus technology breaking down in the middle of nowhere either. I still cant believe how big it is though, but as you say, its so manoeverable soon as you move. Took the nelli then the GS out this afternoon. The nelli seems so small now and im sure using the bigger bike has increased my confidence in riding the Tornado. Loving them both though. :clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts