Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, seeing that I'm a complete Italian bike junkie (I have 7 in my garage) I'll finally be taking delivery of an Aprilia RSV4 Factory next week. :ele: I put a deposit on it over 2 years ago as soon as I heard they were going to build a V4. I have my choice of 8 VIN numbers: 10, 11, 15, 16, 27, 29, 31, or 33. I'm thinking 10 just to have the lowest one I can get, although 11 might be cool as my Tre is also VIN #11. What do my Benelli mates think? (And yes, I'm still keeping my Tre, will never part with it).

·
5,934 Posts
Well, seeing that I'm a complete Italian bike junkie (I have 7 in my garage) I'll finally be taking delivery of an Aprilia RSV4 Factory next week. :ele: I put a deposit on it over 2 years ago as soon as I heard they were going to build a V4. I have my choice of 8 VIN numbers: 10, 11, 15, 16, 27, 29, 31, or 33. I'm thinking 10 just to have the lowest one I can get, although 11 might be cool as my Tre is also VIN #11. What do my Benelli mates think? (And yes, I'm still keeping my Tre, will never part with it).
If you can't get #1, then #11 I reckon.
Looks better than 10.
As soon as one becomes available here to test ride - I'm first in line.
Love the look of it. Love the engine.
It's doing pretty good in Max's hands as well, considering it's only it's debut.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mates, yeah, 11 would look nicer, and then it would match good ol' Nelli. I'll definitely post some pics and write up my first impressions of it.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RSV4 Factory #11 is now parked in my garage. :ele: I must say, that is one amazing piece of machinery/art/technology. Today I only got to ride it home from the dealership. Tomorrow I'll take it out for a proper ride. First impressions: the engine and transmission are silky-smooth, handling is effortless (another confidence-inspiring chassis just like the Tornado), riding position is quite comfy, exhaust note even with the stock pipe is almost MotoGP-like. The exhaust has a flapper valve that is closed when the bike is in neutral and it sounds rather subdued. Then when you put it in gear, the valve opens completely the sound is totally transformed as is the throttle response. It's downright amazing to hear the transition. I can't take it above 7500 rpm until 600 miles are on the clock, but I can tell this baby wants to GO!!!!!

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
5,934 Posts
:excited: You lucky lucky lucky barstool.:excited:
. I can't take it above 7500 rpm until 600 miles are on the clock, but I can tell this baby wants to GO!!!!!
You CAN, and you SHOULD.
(Don't maintain the higher revs though, just make it work - HARD)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not see one close up yet but is it as small as it looks.On the pictures it looks like it's put together like a swiss watch,real quality.
Congrats.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Ive seen a couple and sat on one in Autorama of Batley and can see it being a big hit Europe and States . look forward to a piccie or two - ps like the tail unit with its "wings" :)

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll take some pics today and post them. I wanted to take her out for a big ride today but insurance issues force me to wait until tomorrow to get the insurance sorted. So the big ride will have to be next weekend.

It is very compact, but comfortable. I saw a pic of it next to an R6 and it's smaller. I don't know how they did it. It's not shorter, though, the wheelbase is 55.9", it's that tiny tail that makes it look so short.

The fit and finish are fantastic - every wire and hose has clips or loops to keep them all in their place so the bike looks very clean and organized. I'm off to run a couple of errands, I'll take pics when I get back and put them up.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Pics up

I've uploaded a few pics to my album in a sub-album called RSV4 Factory #11. I tried to reorder them but you can't, they end up in reverse order from the order in which you uploaded them. :confused: I'm too lazy to delete them and reload them in reverse order. :rolleyes:

Link to the album

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Bloody gorgeous that Mark you lucky lucky bugger! :clap:
how about some pics with that good looking bird from your other pics draped all over it, or is it to new for that yet ;)

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks mate! Afraid I'll have to find a new one to drape all over the RSV4, my Benelli girl has just disappeared on me. :doh:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Nice looking machine you have there Mark. :clap:
Looking forward to your 'report' and comparison to the Nelli after the big ride

·
Registered
414 Posts
Exhausting!!!

nice bike but please tell me that the silencer is a joke or a "Photoshop" thing! :doh:
Always wondered why do manufacturers do that. They spend millions on research, design and manufacture to get the optimum machine. Which hopefully will be a success or a legend in its own right.

Why oh why do they always have awfully designed exhausts.

Suzuki GSX 1000, Yamaha Fazer 600/1000 and now the Aprillia RSV4 factory??
To name a few - sure there are others out there.

They either -
1. Design the exhaust last with what money they have left.
2. Let local junior school kids design it as a project for during 1/2 term holidays.
3. Get the staff pissed at the christmas party blindfold them and put them in front of a whiteboard with a marker pen. And then give them 5 seconds to design an exhaust with the pen in the opposite hand that they write with....
Winner then decided when thy get back in the office in January....

Could be one or two but my moneys gotta be on number 3...

Cracking bike by the way, deffo need photos of a hottie semi topless on it for my screensaver on my work pc for Christmas. Must be taken outside in the cold though :D

Just noticed is it me or has it got pillion footpegs??

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree about the exhaust, it's hideous just like the ones on a number of other bikes. But I bought a slip-on when I picked up the bike, they'll install that at my first service.

Yes, it has pillion pegs, and that little piece in the tail comes out and there's a seat that pops in there. I call it an "infant seat". Any female that can fit on that seat is probably illegal for me to be with :doh: I'll be taking those pegs off, Aprilia even includes little covers that go where the pegs mount to make it look nice an clean. Gotta find a source for a nice exhaust hanger though, as the slip-on I got mounts to the pillion peg support.

As for the bird photos, yes, I have to find someone willing to model for me. I have a mate here (in fact he's from the UK) who is a studio photographer and he's got a number of nude models he works with, so I may be able to talk him into doing something for me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts