Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm a complete newbie to the world nelli's and the tnt, so be gentle:)

Basically I've been drooling over tnt's on the internet for the last 3 months, finally I snapped and bought a 2007 cafe racer with very low mileage. I pick her up this saturday and can't wait.

I've bought the bike without ever taking a test ride on a tnt, I just read loads about it and fell in love with a concept. All I've ever owned is Japanese sports numbers and puny twins for getting to work on like my good old NTV, bless it.:)

So can anyone out there comfirm that this beautie will put a grin on my face? (after riding around for the last 2 years on a CBR929 and feeling like " Yeah it's fast but boringly fast and unengaging")

Thanks for reading and any tips on getting the best out my new toy are much appreciated.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Welcome and congrats.
You don't have to worry about the grin on your face - it is going to be there. You will get loads of looks and questions. no doubt about it. I now have over 5000 miles on mine and no problems. I still have a shitty arsed grin on my face.
You are going to love the handling plus the torque compared to the Honda.

Good choice.

Paul

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I still have a shitty arsed grin on my face.

Paul
Err.... My Nelli gives puts a huge grin on my face, but NOT a "shitty arse". :rolling:

Is it some sort of weird kinky American thing.. :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, I feel like part of the fold now:)

Firstly no, I got the bike from a dealer in or very near Reading, I did the usual checks and it came up trumps as far as I could see. Anyways, would I be covered with an addtional years warrantee as it's only 10 months old?

Thanks Paul for the confirmation on the torque blowing me away, I've wanted a triple for ages now. Does it mono in 2nd without the clutch?

Any ideas on what I should replace the end-can with guys?

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Is it some sort of weird kinky American thing.. :D
No a South African thing. I only live here :D Grin is still here I rode my nellie today again.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Any ideas on what I should replace the end-can with guys?
Now you've done it.

Mivv Xcone as on mine. Sounds wicked. Search some of the other threads.
Here is one Check out Huggys pipe without DB killers.

Paul

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I saw your Mivv Xcone whilst browsing this site earlier, very nice. Having said that I'm not sure I want to go for the twin-outlet look. Still, it does look the business and I bet the sound-track’s top-notch. Splitting the postage? Where do you live JollyJeweller?

The nearest nelli dealer to me is Red Dogs, anyone out there know if they’re any good? I know I haven’t even ridden her yet but from what I’ve read so far I’m assuming it won’t be long before I’m wanting my CR tweaked by a pro.

Also, I’ve been hearing a lot about difficulties finding neutral from standstill. The obvious solution is to find neutral before coming to a stop, which I do naturally anyway as my old NTV650’s getting on now and she doesn’t like giving up neutral when stationary, but I forgive her as she does a brilliant job of getting to work every day.

Again, thanks for all your advice.

·
442 Posts
G'day Dazzor and welcome.i've got a termi titanium on my tnt sport 2006.and she sounds SWEEEEEET.
you can here it on youtube under benelli tnt,the clips is called,benelli tnt with termignoni. and others ones as well.:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
G'day Dazzor and welcome.i've got a termi titanium on my tnt sport 2006.and she sounds SWEEEEEET.
you can here it on youtube under benelli tnt,the clips is called,benelli tnt with termignoni. and others ones as well.:D
Mmm, I've seen the termi on a number Tnt's, am I right in thinking because I've opted for a more specialized bike the number of manufactures is limited? Basically I'm not going to find the likes of Akrapovic and Remus offering solutions?

Also, will i need to re-map once a new can's been fitted? Sorry to ask obvious questions but I’m a bit clueless on the mechanical side.:confused:

·
442 Posts
for akrapovic i emailed them and had no reply.so i'm guessing that they don't make one for the tnt.for remus Pegaso has got a Remus on his sport but i don't know were he got his from.have a look in the members gallery for his photos.
no you don't have to re-map.well with the termi they told me i did'nt have to and she's been running great ever since i put it on.i did get the 2007 mapping done but thats not for the pipe it was just to improve the fuel consumpsion and a smoother better power delivery.it worked and it is better.

(19,100km)

·
442 Posts
don't worry mate I’m a bit clueless on the mechanical side as well but i'am learning about it all bit by bit.:D

(19,100km)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Y Where do you live JollyJeweller?
Just off the M4 Junction 23a , about 5 miles over the Severn Bridge.
The guys in the USA only want $55 postage, it would probably cost us more in petrol to meet half way up the M4 sadly.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't think akrapovic would cater for a tnt, thanks for confirming it for me though. Think I'll check out the Termi option, from what I can gather it does the job on both performance and sound-track.

Nice idea JJ but like you said, the distance is against us.:(

Picked her up today, got the train down and rode her back, about a 65 mile jouerny. I have to say I wasn't overly impressed by acceleration, I was hoping for a bit more of a surge around the 6-8,000 rpm mark. Not sure whether it's me exepcting too much or that my standard CR that's only done 600 miles needs a few crucial things done before I can feel the extra 18% torque she's meant to have over my CBR929 (But then the Tnt's at least 20kg heavier, I think :confused:)

Having said all that...I LOVE the bike, she handles superbly ( sh*ts all over my Blade) And the noise, even with the bunged-up standard exhuast sounds fantastic.:clap:

I'll stop going on now, just one last question...Is it just my CR or do all Tnt's have the puniest horns? Mine's an absolute joke. I know it's tradition for any tasty bike to have a crap horn but come on, mine's alomst non-existent.

·
Registered
130 Posts
hi,,

hello,, i`ve got a cr too,, i`ve put the temigoni titanium,, and remove the exaust buterfly valve,,,,,,, it sounds great,, and pulls great too,, i would highly recommen that exaust, as it`s quite strong too,, won`t break

also,, u can remove the flaps on the airbox, and change the filter too a DNA filter,,,,,,,,,,, then get it all tuned by a Powercommander or a tuneboy,,,

and i promise u that the grin on ur face from the pleasure will never go away

ps,, don`t be scared about the engine rattle noise,, as it`s normal,,, compared to a jap bike

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks for the low-down CR1130, what you're suggesting seems to be the general consensus / course of action. As I've still got 14 months on the warranty, would doing the work you suggest invalidate it in anyway? (even if it did I'll still get it done, just wandering really)

Well even though I need work done I still can't wait to get out on her today, as I said earlier, I think the handling's fantastic. The dunlops seems to do the job well, having said that is there a better set of rubber I should consider when I need to replace them?

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Darren,

If you are looking for manufacturers that do exhausts for the TNT, you may also want to consider Devil, HPE and Quat-D.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Laurence,

Thanks for the links, nice one.

It just occured to me, do I want a road-legal can or could I get away with a race-can as I don't have to mot the bike until July 2010? I like a bit of noise, especially the noise the Tnt makes, I love the triple-effect!:clap: However I don't want an outragous amount of noise either. I'm put off can's with removable baffles, had a Micron on my blade and that sounded really quiet, even with the baffle removed.

What set-up do you have Laurence?

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Picked her up today, got the train down and rode her back, about a 65 mile jouerny. I have to say I wasn't overly impressed by acceleration, I was hoping for a bit more of a surge around the 6-8,000 rpm mark.
Try pushing the Turbo button:D
The button on the gauges with TNT on it. only changes state when ignition is switched off and on.
Button in 100hp
Button out 134hp
I think you rode the bike with the button pushed in.

Paul

1 - 20 of 30 Posts