Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I took the plunge and have sold my hayabusa and bought a new cafe racer, should be collecting on Saturday. I have been assured all the mods are now done on new machines and should be ok, any tips or things to look out for would be apprieciated.... looking forward to owning my first Benelli

:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
welcome

hi there
yea if its a 06+ it should have all of it done..
get it run in and then thrash the nuts off it...
iv have a had a bit of work done on mine so its a bit more oooooooommmmmpppppphhhhhhhh.............
its just had a service at 4000mile and wow what a diff its made...
fatnfast

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for replys,

can't wait for delivery on Weds so going to collect on Sat, then the following weekend going to Brands for a long weekend on it with the missus, that should get it for the first service. anyone use theirs two up?

what work can be done for the extra oooooommmppphhh ?

I dont expect the power from the busa but as Tescos say "every little helps"

Cheers

·
Registered
736 Posts
Welcome Busaguy,
You will be supprised how much grunt the TNT has:)
As has been said before make sure all mods are done and go enjoy yourself.....you wont regret it.
And dont worry if the engine sounds noisy to you, this is normal Benelli!!!!
Dave

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well !
picked up the Benelli at 0900 and done about 200 miles, it really is great fun:)
fires up first time every time and even at running in revs pulls really well and the handleing is nice too.

It does have what seems the common "can't get neutral" problem in fact can't even get it out of first at stand still, tried the tips on the forums, let clutch out a bit when trying, blip the throttle etc but is firmly stuck in first untill I move off

any other tips on this ?

Oh and the second service is a major strip down according to the Guys at DK,s (same as the 15000 service) is that correct ?

Cheers

·
1,841 Posts
Hi Busaguy, I just had a look in the workshop manual and there is nothing to be done in a service that you would call a major stripdown..?:confused: probably the most time consuming would be the 24900mile which requires the timing chain replaced.
I think you can download the manual from Benellis web site,so why not download and then you can see the service items..
Good luck with the new toy !:ele:

·
5,934 Posts
From recent experience, it would be a VERY good idea to drop the sump off at the first service, remove the oil pickup, then the sieve, and clean it. ( I think Bennetts do this as a matter of course) I was totally amazed to see how much crap was stuck in it.

There was some grit left over from the engine casting that finally got through, causing the pump to grind itself away.

Not a life threatening problem though. The oil filter has been catching the debris. Unless of course, the overpressure valve in the filter had opened at any stage! I don't think it did. The bearings and journals look fine.

The problem started showing itself at the 25,000km service. The oil sample I sent for testing showed ferrous traces. At 30,000km it had increased 40 fold. At 32,000km, it had doubled again, so I stripped her down to find what you see above.

A local bike mechanic reckons he's seen pumps much worse, so all is well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow looks nasty, I will see if I can get my dealer to check the sump filter at 1st service.
I am going to ring Benelli UK on Monday and find out what this second service is all about, can't see why it needs to be so BIG, but DK'S reckon its a new directive from Benelli ??

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I have had the cafe racer for a weekend and a few evening blasts (running in:doh: ), But what great fun:)

The handing is sublime, on Monday evening I went for a play along a nice very twistie road near where I live and made 2 R6 riders look like they were doing a CBT training ride;)

the few niggles I am assured will be sorted at 1st service (can,t get neutral and tick over is a bit low and the bloody adjuster is too tight to turn:bawl: )

now ready to see how it goes two up with throw over panniers to Brands this weekend

1 - 10 of 10 Posts