Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet you guys never heard of this clock problem:

3 days ago I was out for a ride. During this ride all the clocks were doing fine.
After about a half an hour the odometer showed 5000km:clap: :clap: . Without stopping or so, I saw after 10 more minutes of riding that the odometer shows 4987km again.:doh:
Today I was out again and everything was working fine again. I stopped and when I go again now the taucho was all gone mad. (showed 3000 rpm at idle and normal cruising which normally shows about 5000RPM shows now 10.000:rolling: )
I gave the system a reset. (pull out the fuse, count to ten and put it back).
Now the taucho worked fine again:clap: :clap: but now the red light was going wrong. I lighted slowly and when I ref up the engine the light is going out. Again I did a sytem reset but the problem of the light is still there:bawl:
Sounds familiar for someone? (euginia or Laurence) I give it a try tomorrow again.

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts

·
5,967 Posts
Haven't heard of that one Ed. The odometer going backwards is a clocks processor problem. The value is held in non-volatile EEPROM, and the processor has to be quite specific when it changes it. It is possible to correct it, but not easy.
You need to replace it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem solved by disapearing

Welcome to the amazing world of italian electronics. Just tried my Tre again and........YES!!!! everything worked fine.:doh:
I think my Tre had a day off yesterday:rolling:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts