Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just fitted new clocks to my Tornado, but can anyone tell me how to change from km to mph?:confused: I have attempted to do it as per the instructions on Engenia's website, but it didn't seem to work. I believe you have a modified Rev A dash, Errol, so maybe the procedure is different on the latest one.
Also, the injector warning light won't go out :doh: . Before I accuse the dash, it may be that, as I have had all fairings, ducts, airbox etc off, I may have disturbed a connection, or somesuch. I have run the bike around the block, 20 miles or so, and all seems well, apart from the light not going out. I don't want to use it until it is sorted, though. The only electrical change I have made is to remove the tip-over switch by-pass, and foam mount and re-connect the switch. Oh yes, and double up the battery leads:) .
Any ideas, anyone :D ?

cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
74 Posts
dash

on the injector light, after about three , hot to cold runs it should go out, changing from ks to mph , not sure but press mode switch till kps flash and the press again should change to mph.( with ignition on)
cheers nasty

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on the injector light, after about three , hot to cold runs it should go out, changing from ks to mph , not sure but press mode switch till kps flash and the press again should change to mph.( with ignition on)
cheers nasty
Excellent info, Nasty:bow: ! I won't strip the b#*ger back down again, then :D. Any idea why that is? Would the factory have to do that from new? I dunno, these Italians.....:rolling:
I've tried various combinations with the mode switch, but can't seem to get it where I want it :doh:

Many thanks
Ian

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Is the Mode button letting you in change any of the settings Ian? If it is, remember that the settings change on 'releasing' the Mode button i.e. not when you press it in.

If you are not getting in at all to change the settings, try this which I believe works with the very latest clocks:-

Ignition on, press "mode" button AND "start" button together for a while, it then enters the change units screen!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the Mode button letting you in change any of the settings Ian? If it is, remember that the settings change on 'releasing' the Mode button i.e. not when you press it in.

If you are not getting in at all to change the settings, try this which I believe works with the very latest clocks:-

Ignition on, press "mode" button AND "start" button together for a while, it then enters the change units screen!
I have set the clock etc, Laurence, having eventually figured that the settings change when you release the mode switch, as you said. I can cycle through the lap timer, clock etc, but can't seem to get to a place where I can change from km to mph. I will have a stab at what you suggest, and see what happens :D .

cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Laurence, I tried that, but of course the engine starts, and I can't keep holding the starter button in then. What happens then is the lap timer starts, and seems to have a mind of its own - it doesn't want to stop :confused: ! I stopped it in the end - switched the ignition off :D , but when I switched it back on, it's telling me I've done 3 1/2 laps of somewhere or other :rolling: :rolling: . I think I'll go back to my old Norton, it's so organic :clap: . Anyway, I'm still in kms per hour, and the injector light is still on :doh:

cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
864 Posts
Lads, you are all cold!

Here is the secret on how to change the MPH to KPH.

Hold down the mode button
Switch ignition on whilst still holding down mode button
Wait about 5-10 seconds and hey presto - you will get the units change mode.
Release button and press again briefly to change.
Switch ignition off
Next time you switch on it will be stored for you.

Errol - you might want to change this one on your site to include the wait 5-10 seconds bit as you never think its going to change. 5-10 secs feels like a lifetime when you are holding the switch in.

With regards your orange light Ian - as Nasty says - a few hot / cold cycles should switch it off.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Actually, I found that you don't need to press the Mode button in before you turn on the ignition. You can turn it on and then hold the Mode button in but as Neil says you need to hold it in for around 10 seconds before it enters the 'change units' mode

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lads, you are all cold!

Here is the secret on how to change the MPH to KPH.

Hold down the mode button
Switch ignition on whilst still holding down mode button
Wait about 5-10 seconds and hey presto - you will get the units change mode.
Release button and press again briefly to change.
Switch ignition off
Next time you switch on it will be stored for you.

With regards your orange light Ian - as Nasty says - a few hot / cold cycles should switch it off.
YES...:ele: that's a pint of Drambuie shandy I owe you, n33ly :rolling: :rolling:
Now to figure out how to zero the lap timer :doh: :D
Many thanks

cheers:D
Ian

·
Registered
864 Posts
YES...:ele: that's a pint of Drambuie shandy I owe you, n33ly :rolling: :rolling:
Now to figure out how to zero the lap timer :doh: :D
Many thanks

cheers:D
Ian
No worries Ian! :)

When you are on the laptimer and it is counting, press and hold the button for a couple of secs and then release it. Should do the trick.
To be honest, the best thing to do with the mode button is not to touch it at all!!!, bloody thing has a mind of it's own as we have all discovered. It's the fact that it only does something when you, (release) the button that is so bloody confusing :doh: especially with waiting 2 seconds every time... it's a nightmare!!! :rolling:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No worries Ian! :)

When you are on the laptimer and it is counting, press and hold the button for a couple of secs and then release it. Should do the trick.
To be honest, the best thing to do with the mode button is not to touch it at all!!!, bloody thing has a mind of it's own as we have all discovered. It's the fact that it only does something when you, (release) the button that is so bloody confusing :doh: especially with waiting 2 seconds every time... it's a nightmare!!! :rolling:
I had one on my Aprilia, and never used it. I just want to know that everything is working o.k. on it, as it is new. It'll do, I think :D .
Thanks once again for your pearls of wisdom :bow:

cheers :D
Ian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts