Benelli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :) .

I'm an Italian new entry, and I've felt in love with Benelli motorcycles. It was a pleasure for me to discover such a worldwide forum :bow: .

I've already a bike, which is a Hyosung Aquila GV650. I like it very much and reliabilility is very good (43000 Km in nearly 2 years, also under water and snow :D ).
Because this bike is a custom cruiser, it's not very suited to Italian twisted mountain roads. So I was thinking about a second bike, but only second-hand.
And here I come to ask your precious advise, my friends. The bikes I'm considering are:

1) TNT Cafè Racer 1130
2) TNT 1130
3) Benelli Tre-K 899
4) Moto Guzzi Griso ... sorry for this :eek:

What could be best for me between the cafè Racer and TNT? I'm not a very fast biker, and prefer long trips rather than short at high speed.

What are the main differences between the two bikes?

Thanks again :)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
In your case (preferring long trips rather than short) I would prefer the TreK. The TreK is designed more for longer trips than the TNT. But I don't think that you will get the TreK 899 as second hand in the moment. The 1130 will be no problem at all for a good price, I think. In germany the second hand price is really down.

Greetings
Tostan

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
In your case (preferring long trips rather than short) I would prefer the TreK. The TreK is designed more for longer trips than the TNT. But I don't think that you will get the TreK 899 as second hand in the moment. The 1130 will be no problem at all for a good price, I think. In germany the second hand price is really down.

Greetings
Tostan

I agree with Tostan the TREK is designed for longer trips and with the 1130 you have enough Power to act though if it´s necessary :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Blah Blah Tre-K longer trips.. blah..
Look, none of these bikes are MV Agustas, so they're all like riding a nice plush leather couch to work..

My Cafe Racer feels great for long trips. My longest trip was 500Miles (800km) and it was Fantastico

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Yep, TRE-K 899 or 1130 would do it for me ..........and a big from me too Dom.

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Well I went through almost exactly the same process as you 2 months ago

And I went for the TnT899s

All the power you will need along with your 650, my last bike was a gixxer 750 07 and this is far more fun

£2000-£3000 cheaper than the 1130

Sit up position rather than sports position of the cafe racer

Up to 75-80 wind is no problem so if thats how fast you go np any faster and your hair will get ruffled

More involved riding position than the trek

Obviously these are my thoughts but others want differnet things from their bike, but I tour Scotland 2 up, I thrash around the local countryside and I love it

There you go its an easy decision get the griso:rolling:

I love the griso in red, almost came home with one aswell as the tnt[I might do yet]

·
Registered
59 Posts
i was recently deciding between a few bikes, 2 of them the cafe racer and tnt sport evo. i went with the tnt sport evo as the sitting position is more up right. im fairly short at 5'10" in shoes so having a tru sport bike position like the cafe puts a lot of weight on my wrists and makes riding uncomfortable after short stints.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Landers gauge anyone?

Im about to do 2500 miles (ish) on my cafe racer.Set off on friday. :D Its great for long distances, if your wrists can take it. I was gonna get the sports evo because i thought the riding position was going to be good like my Z1000. It turned out though that my 6 foot3 frame fit better onto a cafe racer. Looks and styling is the only difference between the 2 as far as i know. They both have adjustable suspension. Sport model doesnt have the catalytic converter like the sports evo. Also you dont get the carbon pod to put where the back seat is on the sports like you do on the cafe racer.

Unfortunately i am taking bike back to shop on wednesday to get fueling checked. It has just had its first service and only did 42miles on a full tank:doh: That seems a bit shit. They said they are going to run a Landers probe on it? Something like that anyway. Anyone know what one of them is?

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Stoic - or Stoichiometric to give it's proper term - is the chemically correct AFR (Air/Fuel Ratio) to burn all of the fuel in the cylinders with just the right amount of oxygen.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you my friends for your suggestions ;) .

This afternoon I'm going to test run a Benelli Tre-K 1130. It belongs to the local Benelli dealer, 15 Km from my house.
I think it's a good opportunity:
- year: 2008
- Km: 7500
- price: 8000 Euro (included two rigid side bags by GIVI + thicker saddle)
- colour: green/silver

I'll keep you informed.

Perhaps I'll have also a chance to test run a 1130 TNT, black. Should I go for it, then I'll have the chassis painted in Benelli racing green.

Ciao, Dommy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
And here I come to ask your precious advise, my friends. The bikes I'm considering are:

1) TNT Cafè Racer 1130
2) TNT 1130
3) Benelli Tre-K 899
4) Moto Guzzi Griso ... sorry for this :eek:

What could be best for me between the cafè Racer and TNT? I'm not a very fast biker, and prefer long trips rather than short at high speed.
Well, if you like cruising long trips rather than racing short ones, perhaps the two last would be pretty obvious choises. In other words, TreK or Griso.

Very different bikes for sure, but both quite enjoyable in their own unique way. If you happen to be a short(ish) fellow, the Griso might be even better option, because the TreK is clearly taller. It also has clearly different riding position.

As for the TnT line, sure, go ahead and test ride one, but be careful, those naked ones can be pretty addictive, and soon you'll forget all about doing long trips with a slower pace, and you'll be doing short but quick stints at naughty speeds, and loving it. ;)

I've been riding all of those bikes, apart from the new 899 model. I like all of them, and if I won the lottery next weekend, I might buy one of each. The TnT models are great fun, the TreK is a bit more touring oriented, but quite capable and enjoyable on the twisties, too.

The Griso looks as quirky as the TnT models, and even though it's clearly heavier than the TnT, it's surprisingly agile for its weight. The centre of weight is fortunately pretty low down, like in TnT, and even though the engine does not have the grunt of the TnT triple, it's still quite fun to ride, especially on those winding country and mountain roads, when on a longer trip. The riding position might feel a bit peculiar at first, but it is quite comfortable, and well suited for a shorter rider, too. I did a near ton (140-160 km/h) with a 1100cc model, and the windblast was not that bad. The Guzzi is also very easy and simple to maintain, as it has an air cooled engine and shaft drive. The Guzzi is also likely to consume less fuel per 100km than the TnT models, especially the 1130cc ones.

So all in all, all those four are nice choices, and you'd probably enjoy all of them, on those lovely mountain roads. Whichever you choose to go for, please go and test ride each one first. One thing you might find surprising about the TnT line is the narrow angle of the steering. So be careful if/when you try to make a U-turn for the first time...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello :) .

I made my choice, I purchased the Tre-K 1130 which I described above, after riding it for half an hour. I thought it was a little difficult to handle, because of the known sharp on/off effect on the throttle ... but I didn't find any problem about this :clap:

The dealer is also going to mount two new tyres.

On Saturday I'll have it :D .

Cheers from Italy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hello :) .

I made my choice, I purchased the Tre-K 1130 which I described above, after riding it for half an hour. I thought it was a little difficult to handle, because of the known sharp on/off effect on the throttle ... but I didn't find any problem about this :clap:

The dealer is also going to mount two new tyres.

On Saturday I'll have it :D .

Cheers from Italy.
Congratulazioni!

É un cavallo piacevole. :)
Verde o nero?

BTW, as for the throttle response, it can be fixed or at least helped with, for example, Tuneboy, and also make sure the chain is being tensioned correctly. IMO the throttle response in a TreK is not as notchy as, say, in the new KTM SM 990 Touring model.

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Congrats on the new bike im sure you will love it

You kind of get used to the fuelling glitches and they seem to have settled on mine after 2500 miles

Most bikes have them and some riders feel it worse than others to a point

On all my last 3 bikes peeps said they had problems but i only had trouble with one of them, so it seems to be a rider thing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts