Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I'm Jensen...you're new resident Benelli newb.

I'm in the market for a Benelli TnT, so I've got lot's of questions for you TnT owners. I don't know how its like in the rest of the US (or world for that matter), but locally here in San Francisco it seems all the dealers are dropping Benelli from their shops and dumping inventory. Is that the common theme currently?

A little about myself: I'm a consultant, focusing on the motorcycle industry startups. I specialize in corporate innovation, new product development, brand management, entrepreneurship...that sort of stuff. I just moved from Pennsylvania, where I was getting my MBA, to California. Finally get to enjoy a proper riding season. Before that I was in Holland, living off mayonnaise and prosecuting war criminals. Lot's of bikes, not a lot of motorcycles. Go fig.

The TnT would be my 5th bike, and first street bike in a while. I've been mostly doing track days with my '04 R1. I'm pretty active in the online motorcycle scene, and own a few web forums myself (get ready for the shameless plugs), for the Suzuki TL (tlzone.net), Aprilia RSV (rsvzone.com), Aprilia Tuono (tuonozone.com), and Kawasaki ZX-6R (ninja6zone.com). I'm also the editor of Asphalt & Rubber (if you're not a die hard reader yet, you should be).

I'm looking forward to talking Benelli's with you guys, and thanks in advance for putting up with my endless stream of questions.

-Jensen

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Hey welcome to the nuthouse m8

The apshalt and rubber site looks good I will spend a bit of time there im sure

Here the in the Uk the importers went out of the box a while back and Motogb have taken this over and are now building up a new dealer base

Sounds like that happened in the US also, opefully it will build up again

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Welcome aboard Jensen:bow:

Although not a TnT owner myself, they are stunning bikes and I'm sure if you got your mitts on one you wouldn't regret it. However (and it's a big however) you do seem to have hit the nail on the head with the state of play regarding the dealers that sell the brand over your side of the pond. I'm pretty sure that the dealers don't want irrate customers on their doorsteps and as such it comes across as maybe the fault lies with the people at the factory in Italy.
Although I don't want to start being negative on Rolands forum about the lack of service that they seem to offer (or don't as the case may be) it is something that is recognised here and we would be lying to you if we said anything different.
If you do buy one Jenson then I really hope it's a trouble free experience for you as you really would become part of a very very friendly community here.
There are a few US lads here that could probably give you a little more insight and perhaps share their experiences with you regarding parts and dealer support etc.

Al:bow:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. I've always been intrigued with Benelli. There's a lot of potential in the company that's being lost because they're just not meeting the fundamental needs of their customers and dealers. Like you said, Al, not trying to be negative, but at the same time let's not act like there isn't an elephant in the room :ele: (is that why this smilie is here?) :rolling:

-Jensen

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Welcome matey, hope you join in the fun, Benelli, as mentioned, they may not have the best back up in the world, but once you're hooked it becomes a Passion ! I guess that'll be the Italian in them ! ;)

It's a shame someone like our friend Mr Bovis aka Mr Triumph can't get his hands on Benelli, maybe then we'd see some real Passion in the brand !

Me myself though, just Love these bikes ! :D

:bow:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome to the Benelli world. Hope you have a sense of humor!! I belong to the TL Zone also. Great site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts