Benelli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Check out my album to see what my TNT looks like with new clutch and throttle controls.:) :) Was going to go down the Radial master cylinder route but decided on a set of, almost colour matched to the handlebars, 05 ZX10R units.
Only paid £60 for both units from good old Ebay:clap: :clap: :clap:
Have ordered a set of Pazzo levers now.(easy to get for ZX10R!!!):clap: :clap:
This was the main reason to change controls as CRG and Pazzo dont make a brake or clutch lever for the standard TNT:mad:
Only awkward part was the fluid resevoir bracket........had to modify (with the vice!!!) until I can sort it with a stainless item.
Brake light connections are the same and I happened to have a connector for the clutch switch from a spare loom I have in the shed.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Latest edition

Now completed the controls update with a Matris steering damper from Carpimoto in Italy and Pazzo levers from Freddy at Super Squid Racing in the USA. levers are for the ZX10R master cylinder I fitted along with a matching clutch bracket.
Only hiccup was the clutch cable as I had to drill out the adjuster to take the larger Benelli cable end.
Also cut down the GPR exhaust as it has always bugged me as it was toooooo long. After looking at the Termi I chopped off 2" and I think it looks a lot better now.
Next is the Nitron Track shock which arrived today after doing a superb deal with Bike Torque Racing at the MCN show.
Pictures in my album.
2 other Nitron shocks where ordered at the show for TNT`s. Anyone here??

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chopped pipe

Hector, being in the building game I took my drill and took the rivets off, then out came the trusty precision cutting tool!!!:doh: :doh:

4" angle grinder:clap: :clap:

Cutting was easy but it all got a bit hot as it is stainless. I had left all the packing in so that was cut back with a hacksaw. Refitted the end cap and replaced old aluminium rivets with stainless ones.
No real noise difference at tickover but when revving had seems to be a little noisier, which is good for me.:clap: :clap:
Before I did all this I took a picture and with Paint Shop Pro chopped the end off and tried it at differant lengths. Took all the guess work out as you can see how it will look without going to the shed!!:clap: :clap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts