Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G’Day All
Recently fitted new recommended injectors in the tornado, (the Denso ones 4 holes in centre)
Bike would not idle until I turned up the idle screw.
Gave it some throttle and could hear a lot of ticking. Running to lean?
I immediately shut it down and removed the injectors.
If anyone has experienced this, would like some feedback.
Have booked a spot at Corse M/C for installation of injectors ,P.C.3 and tune.
Regards

·
Registered
853 Posts
Why did you need to fit the new injectors? Probably have to check the idle CO, and CO at about 3000rpm to see if it seems reasonable. In my experience most changes made to the bike affect this, and each bike is a little unique.

·
5,987 Posts
I understand the move away from the 4 hole half circle injectors, but why would you persist with 4 hole parts now that 12 hole injectors are available?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand the move away from the 4 hole half circle injectors, but why would you persist with 4 hole parts now that 12 hole injectors are available?
I have not read anything about a 12 hole injector. I went by information on your website.

·
5,987 Posts
Sorry about that. The website hasn't been updated since 2015. I'll have to have a look at it.
I got the last set of injectors from Injector Planet. Denso 297500-0940/1660-JA00A. Rated at 308cc/min @ 3 Bar
(This calculator says that will produce 140 hp at the crank with 80% duty cycle, just above the 900 rating, so idle injection times won't be ridiculously short. 384 cc/min would give you 174 hp, but we know the 900 won't get close to that. The R160 & 1130 Tornado do, so they would need a higher flow rate. In either case, changing the injector flow rate requires modification to the map.)
The spray droplets are a LOT finer for a 12 hole part than its equivalent 4 hole cousin, making for much better combustion.
The Injector Planet link I gave goes to a -JK20A. The flow rate needs confirmation before purchase, but as far as I can tell the 297500-0940 is the Denso part number and the rest is the Nissan part number, which changes every so often. It might just be related to batch numbers.

·
3,093 Posts
Are you the person with the 1130 red black tornado in Perth?. I recently just ordered the 12 hole bosch injectors for my TnT R160 and Trek Amazonas along with the maps from Maniac Motors. should be here in 2 weeks. I'm down in Beeliar.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've jut updated the page. Check it out and make a comment.
Obviously you go to some length to explain in your replies/ information that is passed on.
But questions need answers, I am still not up to speed on what is going on.
The updated page states Alt. 2 is currently being tested, was this choice on injectors the result of your own research?
I am also a bit confused as looking up Specs for Alt.2 I came across a flow rate much higher.
The rate of 940ml/min is stated and information on the Engenia website 308cc/min.
Product Blue Font Line Hat

Converted on a one to one basis. I cannot reconcile these numbers.

·
5,987 Posts
The updated page states Alt. 2 is currently being tested, was this choice on injectors the result of your own research?
My own research. I was aiming for
  • a flow rate that gave a theoretical power closer to what the bike actually produces (the 900 Tornado makes 130 hp). That way, the durations at idle will be longer, and therefore more accurate.
  • finer atomisation to improve combustion
The rate of 940ml/min is stated and information on the Engenia website 308cc/min.
I've seen some strange numbers as well, but I had them tested, and I can assure you, the one's I have are 308 cc/min @ 3 Bar.
They are also 12 Ohm, not 1.3

Besides that, 6x 940 cc/min injectors @ 80% duty cycle can theoretically produce 940 hp. The most a V6 Skyline (VQ35DE) puts out is 300, so it's unlikely they would put such a high flow rate injector in it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My own research. I was aiming for
  • a flow rate that gave a theoretical power closer to what the bike actually produces (the 900 Tornado makes 130 hp). That way, the durations at idle will be longer, and therefore more accurate.
  • finer atomisation to improve combustion

I've seen some strange numbers as well, but I had them tested, and I can assure you, the one's I have are 308 cc/min @ 3 Bar.
They are also 12 Ohm, not 1.3

Besides that, 6x 940 cc/min injectors @ 80% duty cycle can theoretically produce 940 hp. The most a V6 Skyline (VQ35DE) puts out is 300, so it's unlikely they would put such a high flow rate injector in it.
So glad to get that news as I had ordered the new injectors a few days ago and wondered if I stuffed up again. Today by tracking I found they had already landed in Perth. I got them from injector planet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts