Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a new member of this forum, and I'm from Portugal.

Just bought a new Benelli BN251, so I might be around for a while.

It is the first "small" cc bike I have, since I never stepped down from the 600's before. Just bought it to make the commute from home to work.

Hope to get to know everyone around here, and learn something about this brand as well.

Cheers!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum, let us know what the bike is like? And post some pictures!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, first impressions are good, but not excellent.

Already had issues, just in the first 10 km! :doh: Aparently, factory standards made the rear brake lever with absolutely no gap, so it overheated the pads and disc. Noticed on time and waited for it to cool down. Standard tools didn't had the 10mm spanner I needed to fix, so I had to make 5 kms at a time until I arrive at a hardware store. Hell of a adventure, for a 0km bike.

Anyway, I know this issue is not a brand or dealer fault, it just happens when things are new or messed up, but things like this are those who make affordable bikes and brands reputation bad. If I was a new driver, first bike, I would not call it reliable. Glad I had so much trouble with so many other bikes before :rolling:

I'll do a honest full review once I made at least 200km on it, good?

Thanks for the welcome! :bow:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Welcome from me too,doesn't sound like the dealer did much of a pre delivery check,I'd do my own,check all nuts are tightened etc,good luck with it !

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Hi and welcome ..you' ll fit right in here im sure 👍
It Always amazes me a how bike dealer misses the simple things when selling a new bike !!
It'll be a great bike for commuting on I'm sure .. and lot cheaper to run than some of its bigger brothers 🤤😁 .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.